[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Javelin sighting!

Javelin sighting!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Javelin sighting!

Postby Jim Norton » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:05 am

I can't believe that with the popularity of the Scalectric Trans Am cars they would change up the design with the motor. Either the Javelin is going to blow the other Scalextric Trans Ams away and have no competition or be a dog and unable to race with the others. When the best racing comes from equally designed cars I can't believe the Javelin will be the odd duck. Keep it up Scalextric.....you are losing me!

Jim Norton
Huntsville, Alabama
Jim Norton

Postby DaveKennedy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:00 am

Yeah so I asked Gary from MRE what "Saninits" meant, he replied that he asked Scalextric and they said they were fixing it...
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby flandy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 am

I've been waiting for years for one of these models, either from Scalextric or Pioneer.

I don't think the motor position will make much difference to the average home user on a Carrera track.

Those Minilite wheels look good.

Andy
flandy

Postby dreinecke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:57 am

For the average home racer, I do not believe there will be a major impact in performance between the Javelin and previous T/A cars. Even in club racing I think the two types will be competitive.

As I've mentioned before as well: if the chassis sucks, I've no doubt the 3D market will solve that problem quickly.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:06 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:12 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Dundee Denny » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:27 am

or "alternative facts"..............

Dundee Denny
Dundee Denny
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:09 pm

Love the looks , seems to be 3 in the works from Scalextric. Personally i dont mind the number of wipers, or the mistake in the Saints on these prototype models.
I am sure the marketed model will have all the little glitches corrected, and as for inline or sidewinder , im not worried in the least. Always a way to make things competitive, but i am with David , i dont think there will be an issue
Looking forward to Javelins arrival .
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Wobble » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:57 pm

With Scalextrics new Slot.It inspired wheel design, I'm just hoping the hubs have enough diameter in them so I can put a set of NSR Supergrips straight on. I'm sure I won't be noticing any miss spelling in the livery at speed.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Old Gray Wolf » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Been waiting for over a year, and yes I will add some of these to my fleet of Trans Am cars. Do wish they would come in the Roy Woods Racing yellow and black.
Old Gray Wolf

Postby Jim Norton » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Jules: What the schedule on the Pioneer Javelin?

Thanks.

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL
Jim Norton

Postby Jim Norton » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:15 pm

We greatly have enjoyed the Scalextric inline Pontiac and Taurus Nascars. Then, the new models came out and there was excitment about the opportunity for a larger field of cars. Yet, these were sidewinder cars which literally left the inlines behind. We never bought the new sidewinder Nascars and still race the inlines to this day. If you want to collect the Javelin its release is great for the hobby. If you want to race it with the last 15 years of Scalextric Trans Am cars the verdict is up in the air. :angry-tappingfoot:

Jim Norton
Huntsville, AL
Jim Norton

Postby Mayberryman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:20 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:21 pm

We had our first Trans Am race since the appearance of the new Javelin here in DeBary on Wednesday night. There were only three of us. I drove the Scaley Glades Restaurant 1969 Camaro, my buddy Rick drove the Scaley 1970 Chaparral Camaro and my other buddy Joerg drove the new Javelin. The rear track on the Javelin had been widened staying inside the wheel wells and 7 gms of weight has been added to counter the top heaviness. After four three minute heats I completed 124 laps, Joerg in the Javelin 122 and Rick in the other Camaro 118. Not much of a test but the Javelin neither ran away with the race nor lagged way behind. Other than being quieter we didn't see much difference.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Sounds like Scaley nailed it then.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale