[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Javelin sighting!

Javelin sighting!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Javelin sighting!

Postby Fast Co. » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Sweet!
Fast Co.
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:46 am

Also from the Scalextric site:

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Quickcars » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:08 pm

That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

QC
Quickcars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pastor bubba » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:41 pm

The body from 70 to 71 is very different but both are cool cars. I prefer the 68 to 70 Javelin and AMX but do like this car. I am getting this one for my birthday and believe it is supposed to ship on the 8th so am looking forward to getting it.
pastor bubba
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:07 am

This will definitely be joining my Trans Am series when it's released. The Javelin is one of the lesser represented muscle cars from that era, though the color scheme and the success Penski and Donohue had make them iconic race cars.

From the photos I have no complaints about the car at all, it will be one of the best looking cars in my series - along with the SCX #42 AAR 'Cuda of Swede Savage and the Pioneer #15 Camaro of Mark Donohue. Ahh, but this is where my problem lies. I run my own solo series of simulated races based on lap times I record, and each car has an assigned driver who actually drove that car in a Trans Am race. However, as one might expect, top drivers such as Gurney, Parnelli Jones, Donohue, Peter Revson, etc., drove multiple cars for different teams during the era, and I obviously can't have Mark Donohue in the #6 Javelin racing against himself in the #15 Camaro.

Thankfully, the Scaley Javelin shown here does not have a driver's name on the roof, so I get to use Jules' info to decide if it will be assigned to Jackie Oliver or Mark Donohue. (As Jules noted, I hope the inline setup of the Javelin is comparable to the sidewinder setup in the other Scaley and Pioneer cars so neither Donohue or Oliver have an advantage or disadvantage.)

Happy Holidays - Slothead
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby chappy » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:19 am

Sure is a pretty looking car.
I still prefer my RMS one as far as body style, and it runs well on a scaley chassis.
But i will likely end up with one of these for the TA collection.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby RichD » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:27 am

I saw the 1:1 car at Lime Rock in 1971, it rained all day so I'll bet that the wiper(s) got a good workout. The one shot that I got using my Instamatic does not show the wipers. It was not really much of a race, half of the field slid off of the track and got stuck in the mud. The highlight of the day was the "Gray Ghost" Pontiac Tempest that was running in second place nearly to the end of the race when it blew a head gasket or something. I got stuck in the mud myself in my '70 Firebird Formula 400, thankefully some helpful passerbys gave me a push.
RichD
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mayberryman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:37 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Just saw on the Scalextric website that their Pre-Order Allocation is now Sold Out and shows a link to their stockists.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Mayberryman » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:36 pm

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:43 pm

The BFG Tirebird
First production car to win a race using radial tires
Raced in Trans-Am, the 24 Hours of Daytona, and the 12 Hours of Sebring
Built by Jerry Titus' TG Racing
Recognized by the Historic Trans-Am Registry
Fully restored to a concours standard by Mark Mountanos
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Just an update - the Jocko car was spotted in Germany at the show. Scalextric is aware of the misspelling of Saints and is correcting that before the release.

MRE posted this photo of the pre-production on their facebook page:

Yes it is washed out in the photo but I was told it looks great.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby arroldn » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:19 am

I'll probable strip and repaint mine anyway. My brother when he had the 1:1 car had the front half red and the rear half dark blue.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Awesome!!!
dge467
The King of Foil

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale