Late christmas present

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Late christmas present

Postby balsaworks » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:24 pm

This arrived in the mail today; LMM Mirage Ford M1 #14 Le Mans 1967. Lovely car, It has a resin body and a Slot-it chassis.
It runs about the same as a Racer and the details & finish are just as good too, if not better. The cost is less than half of a top line Racer, and about 2/3 of a Racer Silver line series car. Good value.
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Late christmas present

Postby boopiejones » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:06 pm

i received mine yesterday as well. it is a great running car. i think LMM's detail work on their last few releases has been outstanding. better than racer.

does anyone know if the tires are supposed to have the firestone logos on them? i received both the #14 and 15 cars and the tires were installed backwards so the firestone logos weren't visible. i assumed that was because the slot it chassis came with firestone tires, but the real car ran something else (i've seen pictures of them running avons). so i glued and trued the tires with the logos facing in. then i noticed on the LMM website that the logos are facing out. maybe they shipped them facing in due to a copyright issue???
boopiejones

Postby Jesla » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I got mine on Xmas eve. My forth LLM and each one seems better than the last.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm

That is gorgeous, and I'm happy to hear that they are good runners. I'll have to add that to my "when I'm rich" list of cars to get!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale