[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - On Board sound(Update)

On Board sound(Update)

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: On Board sound

Postby Cincyslots » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:04 am

on side, great to see you're still around Kelly.

The sound sounds awesome. Interested to see where this goes.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: On Board sound

Postby Half Fast Slotter » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Thanks for the updates. I'm very interested too. Since the bulk of my drive time is solo, it would seem a great addition to my quiet laps. Vroom, vroom.
Half Fast Slotter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: On Board sound(Update)

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:11 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Beast Lee » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Absolutely love it...!!!
Beast Lee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer1h » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Dam.....that is so cool!
racer1h
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:32 am

Great work Dan! Is it possible to have both in-car and a static sound source to run simultaneously? That way you might get the low end frequencies plus the effect of movement. I'm very interested in this and have been following this thread closely.

Val...
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby proxieken » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:10 am

I will take 6 if I can hook them up to 6 different controllers. Having 3-4 different sounds to pick from would be great too!
proxieken
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:52 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mebrown » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:23 pm

Pretty cool. I can see that getting old though. Will continue to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mebrown

Postby 2FER SLOTS » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Nice work on the sound files !
2FER SLOTS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dw5555 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:30 am

I also am following this with interest. Personally I like the Bluetooth option with a speaker on each car. Not cost effective for a lot of cars but having a few this way would be interesting. If it is just a matter of adding a receiver and small speaker it is definitely doable. Having the car sounds follow the car around the track being quieter at the far end of the track and getting louder as it approaches is cool.

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:12 pm

I am more interested in this all the time. Should I plan to have several speakers placed in the track area, or can multiple engine sounds come from one speaker (or in my case, two tweeters and a subwoofer discarded from an old computer)? Frankly, I am about to begin a total revamp of my track, adding elevation, a fourth lane, and loads of scenery from my youth on shrimp boats and in the bayou. I can build-in whatever I need and arrange the acoustics for surround sound if I know what I'm working with. I'm watching the money, but I'm enthusiastic about this.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:20 pm

I think it would be best to have a separate speaker for each sound card.

Personally I am going for a centrally mounted speaker to work with and On board speaker. The centrally mounted speaker will give you the better quality sounds, and the onboard will help with the illusion that this sound is coming from within the car. Who knows maybe the onboard sound will be good enough that you don't need the stationary speaker. I have tried a smaller onboard speaker and it actually sounded OK so maybe in a case when you are going with the onboard sound it might be best to disconnect the centrally mounted one.

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Cool. Keep working, bud. You're the one. Someday, you'll be making shopping lists for all of us!

It is good for me already, but imagine how good this will be on an oval with just a couple of sound patterns and 4 cars. Crank up the volume!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dw5555 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:01 am

Any updates??????

Dave
dw5555
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale