[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Carrera 1/32 Ferrari 365 P2 Sneak Peek

New Carrera 1/32 Ferrari 365 P2 Sneak Peek

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New Carrera 1/32 Ferrari 365 P2 Sneak Peek

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:32 pm

Just seen...

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: New Carrera 1/32 Ferrari 365 P2 Sneak Peek

Postby goosenapper » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Well those certainly look good. Of course, Dave's photos always look good, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

It's great to see another NART car enter the fray. Luigi Chinetti is surely smiling somewhere.
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Piper/Attwood car should be green not blue.

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:26 pm

I know they are accurate but those are some ugly rims compared to the more typical wire wheels or mags. Pretty cars none the less.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Jesla » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Looks very toy like with those Porsche wheels and the paint is way off on the Piper car.

Maybe I'm just use to the Racer versions, which are just gorgeous....

... but I've seen Carrera do better.
Jesla
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Years ago, I did a Piper car and had to do a lot of research about that odd color. What I found was that it was a British Ford color, "Modena Green" and I found an outfit in England that sold it as a spray can lacquer paint. Then I found out that the bluish green called Modena Green was only on some of the David Piper cars, mostly to thumb his nose at Enzo Ferrari's red cars. There was also a brighter Kelly Green on some of them, like the photo dogsbody posted. I never saw one that was blue. I'm sure its a trick of the light or posting on here.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:49 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Those are Ferrari Rims for sure, not Porsche. By this time wirewheels were old news. I can never get used to a Ferrari wearing anything but Red.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Slottus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 am

I'm sorry that it appears blue, but it is close to the 330P4 from years ago, which was okay'ed by the man himself.

That "Ford Modena Green" is a hard to adapt color, giving into account that it came into production years after the 365P2.

That shade of green the car drove in at Kyalami is a whole different cup of tea, and even differs from the Piper-green we are used to.
3 pictures of this car, and you get 5 different hints of its bodycolor... :-/
Take a look at the attached comparison, and please don't compare the color to restaurated cars of David Piper running nowadays.
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:22 am

I think these cars look better when you see them that they do in the photos - I wasn't that impressed with photos I saw feeling they looked a bit toylike - but they look great.....
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:42 am

Those could definitely be on my list...........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:57 am

These are really nice! I don't think there has been a reasonably priced version of this car since the Strombecker. I don't buy many RTRs these days, but this will surely be one.

Val...
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby loosewheel » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:03 am

The wheels don't bother me and you can always repaint. I love them.
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:00 am

And.. Merry Christmas... :)
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:45 am

Great pic Dave! That pair is on the "want" list!
Merry Christmas to you too! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale