[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 1st Annual I-75 Orange Barrel Race

1st Annual I-75 Orange Barrel Race

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: 1st Annual I-75 Orange Barrel Race

Postby mikeinclover » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks to everyone who showed up for this series. I also wanted to thanks my team mates James, Corey and Craig for doing most of the work for us. What a great race this last race turned out to be. It was a really close race from the start. I know that normally in a race you can break down where you may you made the wrong decision along the way. One less mistake or car adjustment and it would have put us in first place or one more tires cleaning or braid adjustment and we would have been in third place. I really do enjoy when we run a spec, motor the racing is so close. The Piranha is such a great motor for this type of racing I get more impressed with it the more we use it.
I was really disappointed that we didn't get pictures of the different teams and drivers. I really wanted to say a big thanks to Butch for making such a great trophy for us here in Michigan. We will be more that happy to bring it back to Cincy if we do the second race there next year, we will also be more than happy to haul it back after the race. Already looking forward to see you guys again soon maybe at the NSR Nationals.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:21 pm

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:41 am

I was just kidding about throwing it in the bonfire. Since it is painted with latex paint I'd just make it a chew toy for my dog. :lol: Just kidding again. What I'd do is accidentally drop it on the floor. :lol: Just kidding again. What I'd do is hide it and accuse someone else of taking it until we win it and then it would just suddenly appear. :lol: :banana-dance:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:40 pm

Great race, Great time,Great food!!! :banana-dance: Thanks Mike,Art,Dave.As always Great host!
Team Michigan had 2 good teams put together,with some very well built cars! Thanks Paul,Scott on Cloverleaf. Each race it was hard to choose what car to run! I know I learned a lot from these races. Matt & I were along for the drive this time.
Now you buckeyes! :violence-smack: I believe we'll just keep the Orange barrel here in Michigan! As you seen through your teary eyes on your way home, you have plenty of them in ohio already! Why do you need this one? :angry-tappingfoot: can't you share? We had to supply half your team with guys from here! What's up with that? Maybe next time Eric will take his skirt off and join us!!! :violence-stickwhack:
Now you want to reverse the track dates? Michigan 1st then ohio? Like what happened in the horse shoe last year, you set the dates, times and place and we'll gladly repeat OUR victory!
No,really enjoy racing this series with GOOD friends! There was some great racing going on every heat at both tracks. Glad to meet the new guys from there. I sure hope this series keeps going year after year!
Hope to see you soon. Rob
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pzooc » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:46 pm

What a great group you all have in Michigan. Was a pleasure to race with you all again. It was amazing how close some of those heats were. Thanks Mike and the Cloverleaf crew for hosting this one. And thanks to Butch for inviting me to join in and hosting the first race....still probably my favorite track anywhere. Thanks to Greg for setting up a great car. Sure is fun to just show up and run. Luckily the M1's look about the same even without a wing.

Pat
pzooc

Postby Slot_It_bob » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Had a great time racing with everyone. Breakfest at D's was excellent. Thanks again Rob.
I was a bit under the weather, turns out I have a touch of Pnuemonia, hopefully I did not infect anyone at the race! :0
Slot_It_bob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:45 am

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 pm

For all my friends in Michigan that have a hard time (Rob) putting the black alligator clip on the terminal marked with black paint, the white clip on the terminal marked with the white paint and the red clip on the terminal marked with the red paint, I just want to let you know that I'm installing XLR connectors on my track.

And for those of you (Rob) that can't drive with 13.2 volts I'm also putting a variable voltage power pack on my track. We can turn it down to 6 volts, and if that is still to much power I can take it off and hook up two rechargeable double A batteries to the track. If that is still to much we can down size to two triple A batteries. If that is still to much power for you to handle I can take the little flat battery out of my Harbor Freight calipers and use that. If in the event it is still to much power we can just push the cars around the track and make varoom, varoom sounds. :D :dance:

Sometimes I crack me up. :laughing-rolling:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kelmac » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:18 am

Okay.....That's funny! I had to comment! I'll have to spectate or cheer on the Ohio team at some point!
kelmac

Postby Slot_It_bob » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:08 am

Isnt it about time for a little smack talk in preparation for the Orange barrel series?
Slot_It_bob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:23 am

All I can say is, I pity da fools from Michigan. :angry-tappingfoot: :violence-smack: :dance:

Vengeance shall be ours, says me. :banana-dance:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:26 am

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Oscar Racing » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:29 am

We wish you the best of luck..... :violence-smack:
Oscar Racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Almafan 55 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Set some dates, some rules,OOO I forgot Team Michigan RULES!!! :lol:
I liked last years rules, I say we stay with them. Can team Ohio get enough racers this year?? Or do we have supply 4 racer for you again???
Almafan 55
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bigman » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 am

:violin: SMACK TALK :violin:
The best thing you Buckeye's can do is :o bring your Cameras. :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-tappingfoot:
I think Cloverleaf is best place for that good looking Barrel. :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:
You buckeye Guys have plenty of orange barrels to look at while driving up or down your great roads. :laughing-rolling:

bigman :flags-waveusa:
bigman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale