[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Piranha motors

Piranha motors

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Piranha motors

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:55 am

Since they came out I have bought at least a dozen Piranha motors, They have all seemed to be as good as or better than the slot.it orange endbell motor. They have all had a black endbell up to now. My most recent purchase came with a white endbell and the motor seems to perform more like my scaley 18K rpm motors. It just doesn't have any zip and the top end is somewhat disappointing. So, does anyone know whether they made any changes other than the color of the endbell?
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Piranha motors

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:13 am

I just tested 3 of the white and 4 of the black a couple days ago using my RPM test rig.

NSR shown for example only.

The white and black are virtually the same. In fact one white endbell had a 500K advantage.
They all tack out higher than 21K with the average around 23K.

But you can always get a dud. I would just have them swap it for you. I have had one myself, but that's out of a very large amount.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Thanks Harry. I think I'll just put it in one of my cars that should be a bit slower.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ccobra » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:49 pm

ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Harry that RPM test rig looks very cool, Did you make the parts that hold the motors in place? I have the DS RPM checker and could is it on a setup like yours.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:39 pm

Yes I made them from styrene sheet plastic.

My granddaughters have "spare" tiny hair braid thingies they leave behind and used them for straps. Super glue is your friend.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:56 pm

SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mikeinclover » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:36 pm

The black and white end bell motors are the same. The manufacturer changed the color that is all. I had a feeling something like this would happen.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SlotCarCorner » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello Bob,

While Piranha motor performance is generally pretty consistent, Harry's comment about the occasional dud is well-taken. We'll drop a replacement Piranha in the mail to you tomorrow morning. In the future, don't hesitate to contact us directly should you have a problem - we're here to help.
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby chappy » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Hi Mike, I dont think you and alone in our thinking.
I suppose a lot of people see the change and think of the
Slot it recent revelation .
I think it falls from a specific motored class, is one actually an improvment.
however the proof is in the performance numbers and I am sure once realized , all will be fine.
Unfortunatly it comes on the heels of slot its new motor and then the info that the previous one was infact a 23k and not a 21.5 k as published.
As Harry has stated they all test the same , black or white endbell and thats the important thing to most of us.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Modlerbob » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:24 am

Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby scatman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:40 am

Harry, can't make out what you used on the motor.(black part)
scatman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:18 am

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale