[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Piranha motors

Piranha motors

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Piranha motors

Postby Mayberryman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:49 am

Mayberryman
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 pm

I have dealt with Slot Car Corner for several years now and have always been very satisfied with their service. This thread was not initiated in an attempt to get anything for free. I was simply curious about whether the change to a white endbell signified a change in the specs of the Piranha motor. I am very glad that SCC stands behind what they sell and will continue to do business with them in the future. They are a class act.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Wobble » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:45 pm

I'm a recent convert to Piranha motors and just fitted out some Ninco anglewinders with them as the NC5 was too much for our 18k GT class and not enough for our open GT class but now they are the bees knees, smooth and quick and run happily with Slot.It orange endbell GT's.
Wobble
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:53 pm

I know the SCC folks personally, purchase from and race with them, and they're tops. hard working dudes with a love of the hobby, who care about their people. good friends.
(hope that they don't see this- their heads will grow. hi guys. but it's true.)
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:23 pm

just a little input from a guy that has imported a few thousand motors. I`ve had the same person as a contact (manufacturer) for 4 years. In particular the M/T-5 motor started as a silver can motor for the first 2 thous.units, then he switched to a black can, I had reservations myself after receiving them, but they specked out the same. However, when bringing items in from over seas, your pretty much open to whatever, if you have a good re-poor with a contact your lucky. I recently received 1000 units of the M/T-5 and they are silver again, but with the same results as before. I have always had some motors that would vary, sometimes 1000 rpm. It`s just the nature of the beast. So when you receive a motor that has a significant performance advantage/disadvantage, that is the norm. I always stated that my motors were rated at this rpm @ this voltage, but could vary up to 1000 rpms. I only promised that a running unit would ship to the customer. But I also replaced a few that people were not completely happy with. You could always foot the bill for the minimum quantity of usually 1000 units, and sift through them for what you want. Otherwise, be happy you have vendors that do, and are willing to make you happy.
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby Lenny Broke » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:05 am

Hi All,
Can anyone please quote the torque rating for this motor.
Cheers
Alan
Lenny Broke

Postby arroldn » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:47 am

I believe it is 170. I was close. Most of mine test between 22-23k

Piranha Slot Motor featuring S-Can motor - rated at 21,500 RPM / 165 g*cm torque at 12VDC. Features include: Smooth, easy-to-drive powerband Dual armature shaft can be used with can or end-bell drive setup * Includes tapped holes for securing to motor pod with screws (can end) Pre-soldered silicone lead wires. The Piranha 21.5K is a great motor for home, club or proxy racing - try one and "Take a Bite Out of the Competition!".
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:53 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:11 am

Yeah, it made the one I made years ago look like something you clean up in the dog yard. I made mine to test whether dunking motors had done any good, so I knew if it needed to be done again. It worked, but this is so much better, and simpler, and smaller, and... well, you get the idea.

*I just noticed that my reply to McLiams was on the previous page. Oops.
Last edited by waaytoomuchintothis on Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Lenny Broke » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Thanks Arnold and Harry
This motor fits in nicely for our classic sports car class which has a 21600rpm and 180g/cm FC130 limit on it.
I've got one in a Sideways Lancia Beta Turbo with a Slot-It SW pod.
Cheers, Alan
Lenny Broke

Postby Flem1959 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:13 pm

I am new to 1/32.

I just put a Piranah motor in a SCALEXTRIC GT Lightning.
Very impressed with the speed.

Is this motor a legal replacement in Group C Slot.It classes?
Flem1959

Postby mikeinclover » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:36 pm

mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:53 pm

About half of my group c cars have Piranha motors and they all run pretty equally.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Drewbert34 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:26 am

Just wanted to add that these are great in Carrera digital. I had a bum car that I swapped a Pirhana in, which made it much faster than the other cars. With Carrera digital you have the ability to program speed, so we dial them down. The result is a much cooler, smoother motor with better brakes.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
Drewbert34
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale