[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ListerStorm Christmas Part 2 - Smokey's IndyEagle!

ListerStorm Christmas Part 2 - Smokey's IndyEagle!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

ListerStorm Christmas Part 2 - Smokey's IndyEagle!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:52 am

If the Camaro was not enough to get me all misty-eyed...Lee created this as well to seal my fate.

You guys didn't know about me and Smokey? Yeah, we went back a long ways. Incredible that Lee found that photo.

Oh Lee.........thank you. You got me.

But with such great gifts comes great responsibility. It's on now.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: ListerStorm Christmas Part 2 - Smokey's IndyEagle!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 am

WOW! That's awesome right there!!
Talk about going over the top. How you gonna top this Boss?? :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Awesome!

Looking to see what y'all do for ListerStorm.

It should be double awesome!
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby goosenapper » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 pm

That is super cool. The case-art is great, car itself is amazing. You need some steady hands to apply all of those decals as perfect as that, not to mention that pin-striping. I dare-say this is my favorite custom paintjob that I've seen on these here boards. :clap: Bravo ListerStorm!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Harry, you are very welcome! I cant take all the credit though. I had the idea but I needed some elves to help fulfill this present for you. Your lovely bride supplied me with the picture of you and Jeremy, helped me out by doing the photoshop and creating the card for the Eagle. I originally had only planned the Camaro but I was looking through Smokey pics and came across a 1969 Eagle he had done and saw the Indycals made the 1/32 decals and it hit me..Oh yeah I gotta do a Scaley Eagle like that for you. It already has Marks motor so sand the tires and off you go. Thank you Cindy and Jeremy for helping me get this done for Harry. He does so much for all of us here on the boards and the hobby I thought he deserved some recognition with his favorite driver of all time. Im glad I could do these for you buddy. Merry Christmas!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Wow Lee, over-the-top super-cool! :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby ourwayband » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Way Cool!!!!Great job on the build and presentation!!
Check out the Head protection,very cool!!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Great job on the car Lee. Also, this is probably one of the few times we get to see Harry's face on the internet.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Florida_Slotter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 pm

What are you guys talking about? Where?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm

My grandson saw his face in the pic and started to cry..
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:28 pm

That is awesome!!!

A lot of effort has gone into that and it shows, great work guys :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:46 pm

That's Harry I thought that was George Burns with Smokey. Lee great job on the car, that's even better than the Camaro, if that's possible. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I have the original pics, courtesy of Lee and will happily plaster his UN-modified mug all over the internet if need be.

Lee did an awesome job on the cars and the insert and pic from Jeremy are just the coolest thing.

I am pretty sure I heard Harry get choked up this morning when he opened the box ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby GENERAL MY WAY » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:08 pm

Thanks Lee, when I got home at lunch he looked at me and said you little s@#t, you knew about this!
They do look great, and yes you got him.
GENERAL MY WAY

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale