ListerStorm Christmas Part 1 - Smokey's Carrera Camaro!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: ListerStorm Christmas Part 1 - Smokey's Carrera Camaro!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 pm

That's the one! Of course, it looks like the girls are in their 60s on that clip. They were very young girls when the song came out. One of very few songs by young black groups that Pat Boone didn't cheat and steal music from. It was the early to middle 1950s, and almost none of the black groups got money from their records. The girl groups in particular were terribly cheated. Pat Boone is usually the one people think of because he never did anything else, but until Elvis gave credit to "Hound Dog", the black composers and groups were routinely cheated.

Anyhow, every time I see Lee post something, I think about the Bobbettes in Gulf colors singing "Mr. Lee".
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby ListerStormGT » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:28 am

Rob, Im flattered I think.... :lol: Actually I hope that really isn't what you are thinking about me when I make a post. :P
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Lee, you have to remember, the Bobbettes were great looking girls in the old days! That video looks like they are in their 70s or maybe 60s by the time that reunion was filmed. Great looking girls in Gulf colors! Yeehah!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale