What happened to all the Pioneer spares?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

What happened to all the Pioneer spares?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Did I miss something? I can't find chassis or axle sets at all in any color wheels. Smith used to have a good price on them, but every time I go through the bother to order and get to Paypal, I find that he didn't update his site and he still (after months), doesn't have what his site says he has. Nobody else has them either, even at the higher prices, including overseas. I use these wheels and axle sets all the time, not just for looks but because they run just as true as aluminum at a fraction of the cost, and they look fantastic. I use the chassis for converting static cars and replacing crappy chassis, and I need to know if there aren't going to be any more.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Re: What happened to all the Pioneer spares?

Postby Ember » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 pm

At a guess stockpiles of Pioneer spares have suffered the same fate as production of new cars. Inaslot is about the only source currently, and even they are short on supply. Now, if you had the choice of manufacturing the new and eagerly awaited cars or spares for existing cars in the first runs at the new facility, which would you chose?

Embs

PS: The above is pure speculation, of course.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Honestly, that's the choice of an unknown that has been delayed many times, versus a known solid product, so the choice seems obvious, and by no means mutually exclusive.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Ember » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:28 pm

I have to disagree there. New cars are purchased by Racers, Collectors and the occasional Mum/Dad/Grandparent buying a present for a child.

Spare parts are primarily purchased by Racers making repairs. Therefore the turnover is considerably smaller. Although it must be admitted, the markup per item is considerably higher.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh, you meant if I were Jules? That's different.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

....I'd reckon H has them stowed up in his roof....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Anyone that has followed the Pioneer saga would know that Jules and the Chinese manufacturer he was using parted on less than amicable circumstances. Thus the last year or so has been spent re-establishing the operations again. Im not surprised that stocks of everything are down to critical levels. Got an email the other day saying Jules was on route to China with superglue in hand for any final adjustments on ther cars. Cross fingers on that and hope it goes smoothly. Not holding my breath for the cars to come out prior to Christmas.... but Im hoping its not too long to go now. The Al Green car is all mine I tells ya. :D
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I thought all that was settled months ago. Has it happened again? He sent out that photo of the electrical supply for the building that had us all thinking of Chinese mass electrocution (the People's utility company).
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Modlerbob » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:06 pm

What with China building their own aircraft carriers and planes to launch from them they might just not be into making toys for us decadent westerners.
Modlerbob
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm

I dont think its happened again as such. But the transition from one company to another takes time. In a previous life I dealt with a lot of Indian companies and everything progressed at a glacial rate. Im assuming things happen at the same rate in China but for probably different reasons. A lot of information is well and truely lost in translation. I remember being told about the fact that Jules tested a batch of cars and the wheels wouldn't turn on the cars. To which the production manager said, Why is that important?? Errr cause its a slot car that races around a track. Blank look from production manager. So Im not surprised at the lack of speed in getting a new concern up and going again.

cheers
Dr fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:26 am

I emailed my rep Monday to get some answers but no reply yet.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:23 am

I knew that if I asked here I would get good info. Thanks, guys.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale