[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric 2013 range

Scalextric 2013 range

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Scalextric 2013 range

Postby MrAdept » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:37 pm

You want to talk to Adrian Norman - he has a similar position to DaveK.

Mark
MrAdept
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm

...Yes Adrian Norman is the Scaley guy DM...

I know he gets on the forums and does the rounds too.

One thing I've noticed in my home country of Australia is the amount of bashing Scaley have got over the years.

Fair enough if its warranted, put the steel caps on, but really, logically, Scalextric have done some mighty things for enthusiasts over the years (along with the forgettable as well mind)....

I think Australia has been the lucky country in many ways regarding Scalextric releases, the lovely V8 Supercars that were severely thrashed by many slot aficionados from the get go. What, 35/36 liveries later and numerous new body molds later, cars that were released for $50 AUD and now get over $280 AUD at auction (:)), someone out there likes them, and they like them A LOT!

Our L34 Holden Torana, the upcoming XB GT (I have total faith on this one!), Aussie T/A Camaro and Mustang liveries, Ford Cortina and Morris Mini releases, I think Scaley is looking after us....

THE GLORY OF SCALEY..... Its something I want to put out there a little later, a class of car Scalextric has TOTALLY AND UTTERLY dominated over the years. They have no peers, no close rivals, they are the benchmark, lets never forget the GOOD this company have brought many of us over the years.

Lets all hope Scaley can gather things up after this Dodge Charger release, put their heads down and bums up and produce what many of us know they are capable of....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 pm

...Alas....

"THE GLORY OF SCALEXTRIC " has arisen in the Reader Review section....

....This is my "Redux" to the beauty that CAN be Scalextric....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Two words: FOCUS GROUPS

If the Cougar and Challenger are lousy, I'm done with them. Shame too, because I really like the Camaros and Mustangs. However, I'm getting a bad feeling that Posey's Challenger will show up with a flat hood and not the correct 6-Pack T/A hood, etc.

I'll bite my tongue further until I see them.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby bkrownd » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 am

you could make some good cash offering replacement hoods. ;)
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:06 am

I noticed the Scalextric page for the Dodge Daytona car says it has "working headlights and taillights". I hope it has the authentic head and taillights it used in NASCAR competition.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 am

...Oh you old cynic David!!!!

You wait and see, Scalextric will come up with the goods, they have pride, they WILL make it right for us, they have a few not so good models then will WOW us with something really cool.

I look forward to the release of these cars with anticipation, I reckon they will be great.
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:23 am

I'm kinda keen on that Hi wing Lotus 49 (Although I reckon it'll be a shelf queen for sure, that wing will be a statistic in about 2 seconds otherwise).
The Challenger and Cougar interest me ( I hope they aren't a repeat of that shocking Charger).
That Livery in the Torana just doesn't interest me at all. It never even got off the start line in it's only appearance.
And I'll reserve judgement on the Brut 33 Falcon, once I've seen what sort of job they do on the First one when it finally gets here. But if that one's good I'll buy more.

I was kind of hoping that this year might be the year for a couple more 1970's F1 Cars, but it looks like I'll have to wait and see what Fly comes up with.
Otherwise nothing else even tickles my fancy.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:47 am

Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrtiggz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

YAY!!! A NEW FULLY DETAILED LAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!! ABOUT TIME!!! and the lotus and masers gt4s look good.... welldone scaley this might make up for 2012....
mrtiggz

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 pm

...I can remember reading a review by Harry recently, he made the following comment.

"If I were to shelve every slot car I own because of a few scale inaccuracies, I most likely would not need a track"

That pretty much sums up the situation I feel....

...I'm not into racing blobs or doorstops, as long as the model represents a decent depiction of the prototype then I am happy, I like being happy, it's fun!

Yep and I know Scalextric are led to releasing some way out gear that doesn't appeal to us, but its fun too in its own way, we get a bit of time to "send" it up (I think the American term is to "Lampoon"), and we all know the almost reverent nature in which the Brits hold the "eccentric" in their society.

It's all good...

If Scalextric hits a home run with the forthcoming Ford XB GT hartop (which I'm certain they will), they will have given Aussie home racers not one but two unique classes of homegrown racing! That is way more than any other slot car company has done for small, insignificant Australia (what was that, I swore I heard a pin drop!).....

I'm excited about this, I know its a bit sad that the latest Charger didn't cut the mustard for most of us (me included), but surely Scaley will get the XB right (note to self, if "those" wheels show up on the XB I'm going to freak!).

I lay my scale happiness in the hands of Scalextric....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale