[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Released in North America 12/14/12

Released in North America 12/14/12

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Released in North America 12/14/12

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Re: Released in North America 12/14/12

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm

....No matter how quick or how advanced, I won't be buying one of these Audi's (regardless of the manufacturer, they've all been cranking the ugly things out), they are gross!!!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm with you Rob. Certainly not on my wish list.
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby Florida_Slotter » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Well I for one am looking forward to having one. I don't find them ugly or distorted.

One of the things I find is that rather then sharing negative thoughts on something, I simply keep quiet. Especially when my comments might not be accepted well. There are many cars out there that I would not purchase as I simply do not see the need for them, nor I don't understand why anyone would want to have one. Rather then post some negative commentary, I simply read the post, respect the rights of someone to say something, and then move on the to next post.

Sort of the way I live my life. If you would like to live your life in a manner that makes you happy, and you are not impinging on my life nor doing anything that could cause harm to me and it's a legal activity, I simply leave you to your own accorde. I do believe that is the tolerance that we are taught during our upbringing.

But I hope to purchase mine soon and see just how good it is.

Hopefully it will handle as good or perhaps better then my Slot.It Lola B09/60. It's a rocketship on our club track. It is quite impressive and also shows some of the latest in technology to our hobby, which I greatly appreciate.

Just my opinion of course.
Florida_Slotter
Scratch Build Guru

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:30 pm

I don't think it is negative, we all like what we like. I think it will probably run like every Slot.it I've owned - smooth and fast.

As for looks though, I think it reminds me of this:

Actually, since that is one of my favorite movies, maybe I should get it!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:50 pm

Gee Marty,

I'm sorry you feel that way mate....

....But at the end of the day I think we are all entitled to freely express our opinion :)

It may not always be the same as someone elses, but hey I think as long as you aren't denigrating or abusing a person that holds the differing opinion everything should be sweet....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm just rather surprised that it's going to be released by multiple companies. A lot of tooling money spent for a duplicate a release. It's a shame, because each time this sort of thing happens there's one less choice out there for us to buy.

Or do those that like it buy one from each brand?
Ember
Downunder Diorama Queen

Location: South western corner of the south eastern bit of Downunder

Postby dreinecke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Ember - I have often wondered what else could we get if companies would not repeat each other - case in point anything Porsche 9xx and Subaru WRX Rally Cars.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby raceeng18 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I won't be buying cars with a probable defect and then be expected to fix it myself. I'm still waiting for my Chappy winglets that were promised and I've never seen. My NSR R-18 works just fine and looks good too. I'm not down on Slot.it, I have plenty of them and Racer Sideways cars also. I know they build a great product. I just wouldn't release a car with a known/possible defect. Just my $.02

Joe F.
raceeng18
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ChallengerGuy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:28 am

Well, I think negative opinions help the sales reps who read these forums to get a true feel of the market. Let's face it, most of us old guys (haha) like the older cars. And here I thought buying a couple of Slot It Porsches from the mid 1980s was going "modern" for my tastes. I want to see someone convert that Audi into a Batman themed car like some folks did with Fly's Panoz cars years ago. So, yeah, not for me but if other people buy the SLOT CAR, it's a great thing.
ChallengerGuy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:08 am

Darn! I thought maybe it was the Pioneer Camaro's, or Legends cars. A new Slot It. that's cool too. :)
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby racer6583 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Personally I respect that some like the R18 and some don't, but what bugs me is that it seems like every manufacture of slot cars produce the same car which has always baffled me to no end.

I like the LMP's of any gen. but I prefer my cars to look like something you can actually get in a drive unlike the propose built race cars of today.
I remember not to many liked the Toyota GT ONE but the car was fast after they got it sorted out and I thought it was unique in Toyota approach on the prototype race cars just like the R18 that I call the star wars car without it there is no forward thinking in prototype design and some of the parts and equipment used will end up on cars that you and I can purchase when we care too.

Oops I digress what I'd like to see is a manufacture who is willing to follow their own ideas on what to put out to us the consumer of these besides the run of the mill race cars and street cars the 1:1 made more than just what the slot cars manufactures are putting out.

You know what I mean typical chevy's, dodge,ford,and the others it seems that it is always the same cars year after year do we really need ten version of the same car?
I think not If I could find a 1:24 scale track cheap I think I'd go that route cause the static model manufacture produce a lot more variety then the current state of the slot car manufacture's do and for about the same cost you end up with what appeals to you and not a copy of anothers idea of what they think you want.
But end the end it comes down to the cost of putting a new piece out for us to buy, designing a mold and the research is not cheap.

Just my 2 cent worth.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 pm

THE AUDI IS AWESOME!! Just my $.02.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ember » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Ember