[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Scalextric Dodge Charger #22 Stocker - Anyone bought it?

Scalextric Dodge Charger #22 Stocker - Anyone bought it?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Scalextric Dodge Charger #22 Stocker - Anyone bought it?

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 pm

So has anyone bought the Scalextric Dodge charger #22 stocker yet? If so photos please. Im keen to see how good/ bad the finished car is.

Im hoping just a change the wheels to some stockcar wheels like those from SCC will go a long way to sorting it out.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Scalextric Dodge Charger #22 Stocker - Anyone bought it?

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Let me get well from this nasty cold/flu, and I'm planning a side by side photo comparison for everybody.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:25 pm

.....Ewwwww,

This is going to be a bit voyeuristic, watching the cyber dissection of this "model".....

....You are a far, far more dedicated man than me Rob!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:30 pm

I will still buy one of them even though the car is all wrong!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby MoparGreg » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:57 pm

Ill be getting one but I am trying looking on the bright side. Yeah I know the rear window is wrong but some ran with the tunnel rear window like that. Also I know the grille is off, no comment on that. I suppose im just trying to take it for what it is, another runner for the Darkside field of oval racers.

Out of the box I know it will be a nice runner. I was amased how well the Dukes car ran striaght out of the box.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dr fabio » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:00 am

Quite a few racers ran the tunnel rear window. The 500 was used on the high speed ovals. Unfortunately Scaly's first livery was a 500 and the Scaly version aint a 500.

cheers
Dr Fabio
dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:43 am

....Yeah look, who am I to judge :)

I was ratting through some boxes of cars I had stored out in the shed looking for things to tune this holidays and found a Truxmore Torino..

...I'm going to tune it and more than likely enjoy the experience!

Yeah I'll probably get one of these Chargers too :(

It is a strange affliction we suffer....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:59 am

That Truxmore Torino sure turned into a favorite after people got over the dread of tossing the body! I even did a repaint of the only other racing version of the car. For quite a while that was the best RTR long wheelbase chassis around!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Burglar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:26 pm

I didn't buy one of these. It's all wrong. I did buy one of the new Carrera Charger 500s though.
Burglar

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:34 pm

The Carreras are the benchmark!

What is significant with the latest Charger 500 release is that it's only the second Charger 500 race livery out of that mold. Admittedly there have been a few street liveries but waiting nearly ten years for another race livery was kinda cool (and frustrating) :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I find this very intriguing, as many oval fans that we have here, not to mention the MOPAR faithful. And no-one has any personal photos of this particular release. I for one from the get go new that it wasn`t going to fit my personal critique. Back 6-7 years ago these probably would be decent race fodder. But ... once again, Hail Carrera!!!
Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I'll to get those pictures tomorrow, Mark. I'm still sick.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby dr fabio » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:36 am

dr fabio
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:28 am

Yeah, yeah. Truxmore actually did it. Its quite a story.

We had a long running thread of people using the Truxmore chassis to convert all kinds of static kits to slot cars. We stretched them, shortened them, did all kinds of stuff with them. I think one guy did 4 cars with that chassis. I did 3, and I have 3 more cars ready to hack up. I found an outfit that had loads of them for very little cost and I bought a stack of them. I really am hoping this Charger turns out that way. Its harder to find good 1/32 kits than converting them by far.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale