[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Now "I" can't wait for this to get here!

Now "I" can't wait for this to get here!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Now "I" can't wait for this to get here!

Postby jcis4me » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 am

Aloha
Well I ordered this Yesterday . . .
http://www.slotcar-today.com/en/notices ... t-1234.php
A Racer for around 80 bucks! Thanks Harry for suggesting Slot car Today. Can't wait till it gets here! I feel like Tubby on a recent post for his Cheetah's!
Aloha

NJ here we come Jan 2013
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Now "I" can't wait for this to get here!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Well, you are welcome...cool stuff sir!

Waiting by the mailbox chomping at the it...it's a pattern around here :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:53 pm

Yes!

It will be a nice model, couldn't agree more Marty, sounds like the price will be ok too :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:02 pm

Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Aloha Tony
Oh Sweeet! Yellow or red or both???
Aloha

NJ Jan 2013 here we come!
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Scatman1 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:33 pm

Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tubby » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:41 pm

What a feeling though when it does arrive! I ran all over the house telling my wife how cool the cheetah is. She eventually asked if I could call Bibbster to race! Guess she doesn't get awesome!

Tubby
Tubby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Now "I" can't wait for this to get here! Well it's here!

Postby jcis4me » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:32 pm

Aloha
My new Racer 911 got here today in 7 days from Italy. Well packaged. It has a real nice case and they used 2 screws front and back plus a t-bar type hold down in the center.
Interior is flat no detail...
Nice chassis...
two screws hold it in place and four motor pod adjustments too. Nicely placed lead wires, orange end bell slot it motor, slot it 3/32 axle, 30 tooth slot it crown gear,
Nice set screw rims and inserts realistic looking tires but the tire they have to go!
A comparison to MRRC 911 Lights are slightly larger but basicaly the body is pretty much alike, except the Mrrc has the racing tail lights and the Racer has stock type.
First couple of laps sucked! Rear tires rubbed, rear end hop, front end too high, etc etc etc. Almost like the LeMans miniatures alot of work to get it hummin sweet!
Aloha
Marty

NJ here we come 2013 Jan.
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jcis4me » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 am

Aloha
After sleeping on it, this morning I went out and started straightening this out. First thing I found was the front body post was not finished flat so the front end was too high, easy fix with a cut off wheel on my Dremel tool took 1/8th" off and viola it was at correct ride height. The interior is resin as with the body. Very thick in the rear so it gave me alot to work with. rounded out the area and tested again, a friggen rocket ship! gonna have to order some more MT-1's.
The Photo etch is crisp and clean the window are flat styrene so no pre-shaped curves in the windows, but being thin as the sheet is the work with the window contures
Wasn't too happy last night but now that it didn't take but 15 minutes to get it going, 2 thumbs up!
It wasn't a out of box performer but with a little tweeking is run great now. I don't mind admitting this but I was a bit skeptical finding the wheels rubbing and body posts not finished for a Racer product. But I guess for 69.99 euro shipped I got a steal!
Aloha
Marty

NJ Jan2013
jcis4me
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale