[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pioneer Guide Issue

Pioneer Guide Issue

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Pioneer Guide Issue

Postby rperry240z » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 pm

What holds the Pioneer guide in place? I just purchased a 67 Mustang. Ran a couple of laps and decided to try out the extra guide for routed wood tracks. I removed the original by just pulling it off. Did I miss something? Now neither stay in place. Thanks.
rperry240z

Re: Pioneer Guide Issue

Postby goosenapper » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I ran upstairs and popped open a Pioneer Mustang that I'd never ran, so hopefully we're looking at the same thing.

When you pulled out your guide, I'm guessing that you saw this:
See that little bulge about half-way on the shaft? That's what actually holds the guide in place and should bite on the chassis.

Here are a couple of shots of the guide properly in place. From this angle, it looks like nothing holds it in place:

But looking at this angle, you can see that the bulge keeps the shaft in place:
There really isn't much holding this thing in place!

Hopefully this helps. Just make sure that the little bulge is biting the chassis and your guide should stay put enough. Good luck!
goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bkrownd » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Mine is extremely loose. If the wires weren't attached the guide could probably just fall out on its own with a good shake (de-slot). Once I get to tuning the chassis I assume I'm going to have to do something to make it less wobbly - probably wedge a screw into that slot that goes through the middle of the post.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby rperry240z » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Yes I see what you have goosenapper but mine does not hold tight just as bkrownd mentioned. I just started tuning the chassis last night.. I think my next move will be changing out the guide to a Slot-it or similar aftermarket wood track guide.

Thanks guys for the quick reply!! :D
rperry240z

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:22 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby bkrownd » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:10 pm

Oooh, they're finally available.
bkrownd
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:35 pm

That's what I use on all my Pioneers.

If you use a Slot.It guide you will need to file the 'corners' of the guide and the inside of the Pioneer chassis slightly for clearance. The Sloting+ guide is an easier fit but I think that the shaft of the guide may be a little thicker, but on the Pioneer with the B-NOVA conversion I think it is okay. On my Monograms I have to open the hole up slightly with a metric drill to allow the guide to turn freely without the screw in, and then I dial in how tight I want it using the screw.

You can put standard Slot.It or NSR eyelets on your Pioneer loom or rewire the whole car with new silicon wire like I do if you are running on analogue.
Burglar

Postby Burglar » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Burglar

Postby HutchTrickStar » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 pm

I slightly wedged a bladed screwdriver in there and put in hot water until it cooled. Has worked well so far.
HutchTrickStar

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale