[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks guys for the comments, I appreciate it. Means a great deal and glad you feel HRW is worth stopping into.

So feedback offline has brought up a subject that some feel I ignored. It was not intentional, but given this feedback it appears it's important to mention it.

Some of the releases this past years that were popular are not "brand new". Some of them are based on older models that perhaps have seen a spark of new interest. I thought it was hinted at with the Carrera 57 Chevy as it falls into that category in my eyes. HOWEVER, there are other models that are worth mentioning.

FIRST Racer Group 5 Series

Without a doubt, this entire series is a success. There was some "news" on another site about Racer going through some challenges, but the Sideways line of cars appears to be well in hand and intended to continue. This is good because this series of cars is a very popular one.

The scale detail of these models is appealing. They are not perfect and I have my personal taste in scale to take in account. Regardless of that, these cars are FUN! :auto-checkeredflag: I have collected more of these cars than I expected and still want more. With all the quality Slot.it gear under the body, it's a series of cars that give me the smooth performance I want without a lot of work.

SECOND Avant Slot Mirage

Another line of cars that has been around for a number of years. But this year it seemed they re-appeared and this time around I wasn't going to pass them up.

These cars are simple a BLAST. Not sure how many hours we have burned racing these, but I assure you the bodies do not look as pretty as they used to :) With the decent quality gear inside and the easy tuning of the chassis, these cars were a hit and not just in the old Skunkworks. Many of you chimed in with the same results. They do not produce a large selection, but what they have is worth looking at. Another series that non-magnet/wood enthusiasts should seriously look closer at.

These are just a couple of my favorites this past year that have seen a lot of track time and do deserve praise.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby loosewheel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 am

Gulf Mirages are one of my favorites also. Good choice Harry!
loosewheel
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SpeedyNH » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:08 pm

the Dremel company 5crewed me twice, when my primary moto-tools failed (due to an obvious poor internal design) and they wouldn't even source simple repair parts. two separate incidents. ("just buy a new tool" said the rep. he was arrogant.) NFW, at that point. so I have to say, just wait'll you get some time on it! (and all my cordless batteries failed early as well. same answer. tough luck. buy a new one.)
because of all that, since then I won't accept any more of their products. there are other alternatives, Ryobi for example, with whom I've had really good luck.
speedy
SpeedyNH
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Junior » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 pm

Congrats to everyone, keep up the good work. Harry, great job, not an easy task to pick the winners, so many tough choices.

I think Razor Jon and Paul Gage are going to need a bigger mantels to hold all those SCOTYs. (well deserved)

Carrera keeps raising the bar, the C7.R is on my Christmas list and already have picked up the 57 which is beautiful. Also picked up the 917, one of my favorite models going back to my AF/X days as a teenager.

Tempted to pick up the Dremel Micro, Menards has it on sale for $80.
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby btaylor » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:39 am

Sorry for being so late to respond to this post Harry. My PC time is still VERY limited due to the meds im taking.
That being said, I want to thank You for putting me in a category with one of the finest Resin casters in this hobby. Doc is in my opinion, THE consummate professional when it comes to quality control, and overall scale accuracy with his cars.
The difference between what he produces, and what I do, is like fine wine compared to Moonshine whiskey. Fortunately there is room for all of us in this hobby, and I am humbled to be even mentioned for my efforts.
And without Shotguns help on learning the casting techniques, I would not be doing any molding and casting at all.
Congrats to all the well deserved SCOTY Winners, and a special thanks to Harry, and Cindy for making this site what it is, and has been for a long while.
I hope to be part of this "Family" for a long time to come.
I am getting used to the meds im on now, and each day is getting better and better, so be on the lookout for some serious build input from me in the very near future! lots of plans, lots of parts, and a willingness to share is on my agenda for sure.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby SlotCarCorner » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:19 am

Congratulations to all recipients of the 2015 HRW SCOTY Awards - well deserved! And a big "thank you" to Harry for all of the time/effort he puts into organizing and communicating these awards and for his outstanding work as "Head Janitor" of HRW. We would also like to take this opportunity to say "thank you" to our HRW customers for your tremendous support - 2015 has been another very successful year for Slot Car Corner. We are excited about 2016 and sharing some of the exciting new products we have in the pipeline.

:text-thankyouyellow:
SlotCarCorner
SCC Mechanic

Postby Changing-Gearz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:21 pm

WOW!! :o
That is very cool - and quite an honor to be a first recipient as well... Thank you!

I need to thank a few people on the 2J project... Steve Sawtelle and Mike Stott... Mr (Slot.it) Ferrari himself and Raphael Baros at Flyslot..... And Ron Bee for planting the seed!

I should have more of everything out next year - more chassis, another full car (or 2-3) - maybe 2-3 tuning pieces.... and this f#c*1ng 3D Sprint Car chassis should be out the first of the year (dubbed El Diablo because it has given me more headaches than my kids!) !!

I also need to say - I think people in the hobby are some of the most patient, understanding folks on the face of the earth.... I learned quite a few lessons over the past year - and every time I had an issue, customers were always more patient with me than I would have been in their shoes... Thank you to everyone who helped support CG Slotcars this past year!!!

And a big thanks to Harry for providing such a wonderful forum!

Now - back to the lab!!
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:08 pm

Thank you Harry for this prestigious award this year. I loved doing the Corvair and hope to pop a few new ones out next year. I fully expect Bob and Dave to easily overtake my rather crude resins next year for the win.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Slottus » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you from Austria! :)
Slottus
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pantani » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 pm

I was curious about the Winners of your SCOTY, specifically the runner up. I don't see anywhere that it lists the Manufacturer of the car or the Model # either. To some who are really entrenched in the hobby it may be obvious but to a newbie like myself, I'm failing at trying to find the info so I can go out and buy one. I love the Camaro!
Pantani

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:28 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby bookie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:47 am

Do a little searching and they can still be found. I believe Power Hobbies has them listed, as does Inaslot.com (Pioneer's Store) and Electric Dreams
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:56 am

We have 2 Smokey camaro's. They look killer.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:36 am

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:41 am

Bruce also has the best price :banana-dance:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler