[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:50 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: HRW 2015 SCOTY Awards

Postby mikeinclover » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Great list this year Harry. I must say I agree with you on all of them that I have used. I must say I agree whole heartedly with the choice of Carrera and the C7R Corvette.
Mike
mikeinclover
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Excellent products; excellent choices for awards.

Here's a hearty "congratulations" to "The Team" at Changing Gearz, whose products have really delivered the results for me this year.

Well done to all.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:40 pm

Great write up Harry..You continue to put alot of time and effort into making this hobby interesting and fun. Many people have brought together because of your hard work and the support of many great sponsors.My hat is off to you my friend you truly make this hobby what it is GROWN MEN PLAYING WITH TOY CARS and I love it !!!
Thanks again to you ,Cindy and all the sponsers
Fred Aka Pickles
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby JULES » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm

"Drat, drat and double drat! And darn that pesky Carrera!.......Muttley!!, do something."

"sassinfrassinrassinHRdoubleyah".

(Runner Up #1 place much appreciated. Thanks. Jules)
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Wow I'm tool of the year again

Thanks Harry for putting the Razor on top
Thanks to all of you guys that support us
Big yell out to all the other Scoty winners

I am very proud of this

Thx again
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Gameover » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:42 pm

Well deserved by all you won and the runner ups!
Gameover
Mr. Hubcaps

Postby dge467 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Congratulations everyone!!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Thanks Harry and congrats to the folks that we share this list with. This is an interesting time in slots I think. With the rise of folks like CG Slots, Paul Gage, Dave's excellent resins, and of course my friends at Quick Slicks... yes the best silicone tires on the market... it's a great time for slotters where we have a great range from the larger slot companies to the niche manufacturers making perfectly developed products that help satisfy the range of needs of slot racers HERE in North America again.

I've said in another thread that we appreciate folks supporting Carrera by buying our products. And yes... even having sharp criticism of our products, yes it does make us work harder to make products that better represent what you want. Really.. it does. I'm not able to say what we're making next year but trust me guys, it WILL be a year that I think will have something for everyone if you're a fan of Carrera. If you're not a fan of Carrera, I really do think we will earn your business.
Thanks from me and our president Ed, and the whole Carrera team.
Dave K
Last edited by DaveKennedy on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby DaveKennedy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:49 pm

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby JULES » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:22 pm

You're right Dave.

Hopefully, getting the Legends out in early 2016 will get you beat.

Maybe.

Jules
JULES
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:55 am

Great list of award winners! :text-bravo:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Flytoo » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:45 am

Hats off to all of the winners and thanks for all you do!
Flytoo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:43 am

You have to hand it to Carrera :text-bravo:
There was a time about 10-15 years ago, they weren't as popular as Fly, Scalextric, Slot.It, Ninco or SCX back then.
Scalextrix and Slot.It are still making some great cars, but Carrera has really improved their product tremendously, and kept their prices reasonable while doing so. I don't have their latest Corvette, but the latest one I've bought (the Stihl liveried Mercedes DTM) ran really smooth straight from the box. All I've done is put PG tires on the rear, and it keeps up with other cars that I've upgraded with Slot.It parts. Well done Carrera!
Having said that, I personally don't like that you have to buy a digital version if you want lights. I also don't care for their current guide system. Just seems really bulky and more complex than it needs to be. But do like the fact they include a spare blade for other brands of track. As I said, they are doing a really good job, just not perfect (yet) :D

I've spoken with Matt of CG Slotcars and seen some of his prototypes. They weren't perfect, but each one showed improvements which led into making ones that could be sold to customers. I got a sense of the amount of work it takes to take an idea and bring it to reality where customers could have it. I can't imagine the work it took to bring the Chaparral to life, but it shows he's willing to do what it takes to make a great product. :auto-checkeredflag:

I've been involved with the CBD line of wheels, so I've seen what it takes to make these awesome wheels. I've also seen the dedication and effort that it takes. The guys behind these are truly dedicated to making the best wheels out there. The same dedication and effort also goes into making the Quick Slick line of tires. They've accomplished a lot in a short time. Well done to CBD, SCC, SCCC and Cloverleaf!! :auto-checkeredflag:

Paul Gage... Yep, great tires, great service, and great guy to talk to. And understands what his customers want. :auto-checkeredflag:

The Piranha motor... Simply just an awesome all around motor at a great price. :auto-checkeredflag:

Other notables I feel deserve being mentioned are Racer with their Group 5 line up, NSR for continuing on after the loss of one of the founders and Scalextric for re-releasing their early TA cars and also the vintage F1 cars. :auto-checkeredflag:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby Quick Slicks » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:59 am

First, we would like to congratulate all award recipients - well done!

Next, we'd like to thank Harry for all of the hard work making Home Racing World such a special place. We'd also like to thank the HRW members for their support helping us to launch the Quick Slicks brand of high-performance silicone tires. Demand for Quick Slicks has exceeded our wildest expectations - we can't thank our customers enough.

We've got some exciting new Quick Slicks products in the pipeline - look for announcements throughout 2016.

As always, we welcome feedback and suggestions.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Quick Slicks
SCC Mechanic

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale