[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Any Word on If Monogram Will Release 2013 Stockers?

Any Word on If Monogram Will Release 2013 Stockers?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Any Word on If Monogram Will Release 2013 Stockers?

Postby crossovercrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Friends,

Do any of you have access to any word if Monograms will be releasing new stockers in 2013, or anything else for that matter?

Thanks!
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Any Word on If Monogram Will Release 2013 Stockers?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:02 pm

There are some issues going on there, but there will be new Stockers....there is just going to be a long wait.

This information isn't a lot, I know, but all I am allowed to share. SO there will be new cars...it will just be longer to get them. I have no idea when that will be either.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby crossovercrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Thank you so much for this update, Harry. If there is any good that an email, call or letter can do from myself or any of us to anyone in particular to help make this happen, please let me know. I would also be willing to commit to a minimum number of pre-orders of anything they come up with, and I'm sure we could get a good count on our board of how many we could support (much like Jules has used to access the market size), if that would help in assuring them that customers will be there; although, I am sure their voluminous sales data to date is probably the best source.

I just hope that whoever has the authority over those tools and other facets of bringing them to market has a zeal like we do to keep the great series going.
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks sir, you are a fantastic man, regardless of the rumors :) Wish we had a million like you.

They do have great data. In fact I am allowed to share that the Classic NASCAR series has been the best seller over the years (go figure).

So they are focusing on bringing out more of them. There is just a "snafu" right now.

How about sending me some good photos of cars you would like to see. Decos for the models that already have been molded. Yes, I know the passion for different cars...but focus on the molds already made.

Not that I have any say so. But I can collect and forward them on and at least we can do our part.

I can say they contacted me over the recent SCOTY awards. So they do read and look at responses. I hope more folks decide to join in topics like that more often. You would surprised who, and how often they read it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby SOBwanhoser » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Do you think they'd ever consider doing some street muscle cars based on the molds they have? A slammed Charger or GTX would finish me off :shock: Even a Fairlane would be "too cool for school"....
I notice that the Carrera muscle cars seem to be in continual demand....hint, hint ;)
SOBwanhoser

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 pm

....I want a Hillman Imp GT???

It would have to be a mile more likeable than those crappy Trabant thingys.....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby crossovercrazy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:36 pm

Will do, Captain - more pictures will be on the way!

Do you think Monogram would also consider releasing cars in generic colors, like MRRC just did with the 911s and Corvettes (and even Artin), maybe with or without a generic decal sheet, or fantasy "Short Track Stars" without licences, for example? I think both Carrera and Pioneer have broken that paradigm recently, in a profitable fashion, with their American iron (Mustangs and 57 Chevies, street rod dragsters, etc.).
crossovercrazy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Burglar » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 am

I'd love to see more from the 1955-1964 period, especially some Mercury stockers and maybe even some Pontiacs.
Burglar

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 pm

Anything is possible, but right now I would say just seeing new paint schemes of existing molds is the main concern.

Just me guessing of course.

Thanks Mr. Crazy...got the email!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby MoparGreg » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Harry, Monorevell really need to bring the Isaac chrager out -

Or the Plymouth or Norm Nelson & Roger McCluskey

I dont want to sound greedy so I have just posted a choice for each mopar. But I have loads more I would like to see done eventually
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Never mind the Mopars...
I want that Pinto in the background!! :banana-rock:

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby SOBwanhoser » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:39 pm

SOBwanhoser

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Well, it would be easy enough to strip and paint until they do :)

Would be great though for those who like street cars. I don't care for street versions much, a few here and there over the years...but couldn't hurt a thing to have them made.

Good feedback guys. And Bibbster....you read my mind (again).
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby KnowtoriousWon » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:05 pm

Just keep 'em coming! I too was thinking a Norm Nelson/Roger Mckluskey #1 would be really cool.
KnowtoriousWon

Postby dreinecke » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:37 am

I'll take any and all!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale