[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - $5 dollar corvette fun.

$5 dollar corvette fun.

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

$5 dollar corvette fun.

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:07 am

im at the local hobby shop picking up paint for my overdose of strombecker body restorations im doing . i walk through the model section and see boxes of die cast 1/32 inertia cars. so i flip one over and look at the mounting holes and think..oh cool. 5 bucks and possible fun. at the least itll look good as a static car on my track. i get it home and take it apart , make 2 1/4inch brass post extensions and Voila....slap on a sebring chassis and have a go. its heavy but runs and drive like a champ. smooth as silk with all the weight on it. for 5 bucks... it takes 10 seconds to change the body off. i love these sebring chassis's. i think ill order 3 more.

i might just add some race decals to this lil guy.

smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: $5 dollar corvette fun.

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:41 am

VERY NEAT!!!

I like it, looks excellent and great detail with the opening door....

...Good work Sir :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby valie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:46 am

I was never one to be that brave to chuck a diecast body on the track, but this opens a whole new world to me. Thanks mate!
valie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:57 am

fortunately being a 1/32 scale die cast on the sebring chassis.... the good magnets keep her upright for the most part. but i had no issue when she decided to deslot and fly down the track.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:06 am

Very cool. Looks really tough.
Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:15 am

That is very cool!
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:53 am

I have cars with headlights taillights, and brake lights. But I don't have any cars with side doors that open. Fine conversion.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:16 am

For 5 bucks that's a great find. The wheels and tires look great on it too. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:22 am

Awesome conversion! Any chance you have Ninco Vette for comparison? I need to find a source for a hard top.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby smallblockhero » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:51 pm

dont have a ninco vette , but theres another thread about some vettes that actually stirred this idea when i saw the die cast. thanks for the compliments guys. i thought it was kinda neat as wel.
smallblockhero
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JESIV » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Awesome find, and you can't beat that price.

Opens some doors for sure! I'm with Jim, those wheels/tires look great!
JESIV
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Reslotted » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Reslotted
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale