[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Any plans on trying a new series?

Any plans on trying a new series?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Any plans on trying a new series?

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:23 am

We all like what we like. American racing is my #1 of course, especially NASCAR of the good old days. Then there is Trans-Am, SCCA and of course good old bombers!

But in our hobby, we get chances to try models we normally would not think twice about. Like this past weekend where I was having a blast on Copperhead Climb with old SCX classic Rally cars. What a hoot these little, mild mannered cars can be. And STOCK too. No hot motor replacements, no major chassis mods...maybe a tire change and on the track they went. I have plenty of those cars, but don't really take them out much anymore.

Then there is modern/vintage F1. I am certainly not a big fan of this in 1:1. I don't follow it or even care to start. BUT Mark Thomas and Guy from DCS tuned some great Scalextric/SCX modern cars that ran so good I was ashamed of myself. Then Bibbster and Dixon John got a few older SCX F1. Mild motored little gems is what I call them. They ran so well with little tuning on wood...I would have never guessed.

In your home/club racing, is there any new series of models you want to try and start? With all the choices we have today it does get a little mind boggling, but maybe there is one that has been calling you?
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Any plans on trying a new series?

Postby DAVE » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm still trying to start an Artin grannies-in-wheelchairs series but it just
doesn't seem to get rolling.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Forget the Grannies in Wheelchairs........Star Wars Speederbikes! :banana-rock: (After we correct the front vanes, right Harry?) :roll:
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:02 pm

Yeah those are way out of scale.

Maybe we can do Scaley Olympic Bike Racing... just everyone is talking about that.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Scatman1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm

I would like to try 1/24 sprint cars.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 pm

:lol: :lol:

Yes, I still think there is a place for the WORD WAR II Genre in our hobby....

....I've contacted Scalextric many, many times over the years to try and get some interest happing from them...

....US Sherman tank crushes Adolph in a Kublewagen on a re-worked "smash up Derby" set, man what could be better than that???

...Or British Churchill tank breaks down whilst its crew figures sit around it on their haunches and brew up a mug of tea while waiting for a lend lease Dodge recovery truck to come pick them up....

Guys, I'm telling you Scalextric could be a big player again with stuff like this!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:17 pm

...Seriously though (in a lucid moment)....

I am waiting for the Scalextric C3033 Ford Falcon GT to arrive...

....I've had the L34 Toranas sitting around forever here, would really love to get an Aussie group C class happening, and heck we could even throw in some T/A cars as well, its only home racing and this was my formative era as far as motorsport was concerned...
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Well now that you mention it there is... La Carrera Panamerica. I like it because you can run virtually any car you want just limited to imagination. You can do older cars with modern updates. Just do a Yahoo or Google search. This could be good in 1/24 as well because of the wider variety of bodies. I wish someone made a 1/32 Studebaker. They seem to run a lot of these. Maybe this will be my next Vette Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:01 pm

I'm thinking farm tractors...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:16 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 pm

That's nice. Do a yahoo search on the Carrerra Pan and they run the Studies now.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... r2=piv-web

rows 4 and 5. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Hawk models made a Studebaker Lark.Image
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 am

Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby ListerStormGT » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:24 am

I'm thinkin' this would make a cool new series.

ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale