[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Any plans on trying a new series?

Any plans on trying a new series?

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Any plans on trying a new series?

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 am

I'm not resin casting a fat guy... just sayin'
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby buspor63 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

We seem to wind up running GT and DTM cars. My brother has a nice semi land scaped with borders Carrera D132 track. After fiddling with all sorts of chipped cars, we settle down on the no mag "1408 class".

Basically, it ends up being Carrera D132 DTM's, Porsche GT3 and Corvette C6R's. Most of those take a Super Tire 1408.... The Audi DTM comes with a really skinny wheel so we allow a switch to either a C6R or MBZ DTM rear axle, so a 1408 can fit. Add some weight and combined with the E200 motor and you end up with six cars about even.

Those "rules" lead to expressions like "sorry about the side swipe, I was just trying to finesse a pass" or " I found my braking point, it was on your bumper".
buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I am starting up a new series here....... well sort of. I and a couple of my local slot racing friends have decided to go into Magsteer cars. It's a hybrid between slots and RC. The cars are essentially 1/32 RC but they have a magnetically guided tiller attracted to a steel wire under the track surface to steer the car via the ackerman steering. The cars drive more like a digital car with multiple cars per lane and lane changing allowed. You can run up to 11 cars on the track. We have three cars on the way to get started. We will chip in to build a track at my friend Bill's model train manufacturing business. I am going to convert one of my wood slot car tracks to run it too.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:47 pm

SCX COT cars!!!

Have had them awhile thanks to the big SCX meltdown in Europe, got a bit of time now to set them up for us to race here at home....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FootScoot » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:00 pm

I think the tractors would be hilarious. Those Swedes seemed to really be enjoying themselves! Weird thing is they do make 1/32 scale tractors. I was laughing at the guys with tractor so loud my wife wanted to know what was so funny. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:36 am

Hey Footscoot,

Mate I reckon if Scaley (the 1/32 scale purveyors of the weird and whacky) can spend so much on Olympic push bike sets and the like, why can't they do this for us????

McCormicks, Farmalls, Leyland, Massey Fergusons, what a line up!!!!

And yes those bloody Swedes, as soon as I saw the video on FB I thought it couldnt be any other breed than those guys :)

Mad hotrodders, and I'd bet they would be from the north too!

All they needed would be to get a bit of a quicker changing box in that thing....
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:22 am

Oh sure, if you don't care about winning or style...any old tractor will do :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:26 am

Ooooh, I have a cool idea, and we actually did a race wth them. Let me build it first then I'll post it here. :lol:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby DAVE » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm

Well, they race lawn tractors. I guess nothing is sacred.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:41 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby eAddict » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 pm

eAddict

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:59 pm

This is what I'm working on over the next few days....

I've been wanting to get something happening in the modern Nascar lineup for awhile, these came from the UK for cheap, I'm going to stick PGT's on the back of them, swap out the pinions to a ten tooth and also change the RX42's for RX42B's.

The M&M's Camry was tuned about 18 months ago, the usual tuning procedure with the exception of yellow dogs tyres (they work really well!). Best time around our glorified skid pad is 2.1 seconds, which is pretty darn quick....

On a more serious note now, DO NOT MENTION RACING TIDE ON MOWERS IN A THREAD THAT CONTAINS THE WORD SCALEXTRIC!!!!!

Bad, bad, no good!!! I watched a bit of a doco (a spoof in reality) about the English motorsport that is about racing ride on mowers! Yep, they do this, and appear to get quite serious about this racing as well, they even hold enduros....

...All we need is the Scalextric R&D guys to get on here and for the mental light bulb to go on....

Besides, if they are going to make weird stuff, let it be our weird stuff :) Bring on the farm tractor class I say!!! David can resin cast his fat dude in bib and brace overalls and straw hat (my sort of attire), Paul can handle the tyres, H can work out how to get the perfect tripod on the front end of a Farmall (the ones with the front wheels close together, the old man loves them the best).

There was also a small volume US brand that did an actual cab on their tractor so you could stick the family in to go to church on a Sunday if you didnt have a car. I forget the brand name now (only ever seen a photo of it), but I reckon it was the '41 Willys coupe of the tractor world, way cool!!!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 pm

I'm really getting interested in the under 2 L Trans Am series. We have some of the cars and have a resin builder who has a sweet 510. I have a Fly Alfa and I really like the way I have it running. Jim
http://www.bsedan.com/hist25.html
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:01 pm

I'd love to incorporate the under 2.5 cars in with the other T/A's, would make things quite interesting I think!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale