Carrera RS3100 Ford Capri....

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Carrera RS3100 Ford Capri....

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:51 am

....Yep,

I was messing with slot cars today, dragged out my much loved Carrera Ford Capri and gave it a round or three of our home layout.

I reckon this is the best thing Carrera has made. 2.5 seconds on a filthy track, stock rear rubber, pulls like a train, it was a digital car at one stage but I ripped the gizzards out of it and trued up the stock running gear.

I was also running our Porsche 997/911 club cars, one Scalextric, one SCX. These have been prepared for stock class racing the "Smokey Yunick" way, water dipped motors, the SCX has a 42B that has been "enhanced", both have urethane slicks and superglue capped fronts and magnetic downforce is quite good on both. The Scaley ran 2.5 seconds and the SCX 2.4 seconds. On the local Ogilvy club layout the Scaley is the quicker car.....

I think the Carerra Capri did mighty fine by comparison, hook it up with some decent rubber and get rid of that funky (not) guide system and it would be an absolute missile.

And the really neat thing about today was I saw two of them sitting in the local "Toyworld" toy shop for $40AUD apiece, the Scaleys in the display case were $70AUD (thats why I buy on the net!).

That is really great value in my book :)
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Carrera RS3100 Ford Capri....

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:11 am

I agree that the Carrera RS Capris are nice cars. I have two here. One is prepped and the other one I haven't gotten around to yet. The prepped car is not lightning fast but it is a nice and smooth driver on my no mag wood track. Typically, Carrera cars do not run well untouched on wood for me but most can be improved if you tighten up all four corners. Eliminating the floppy independent wheels and doing the oil and CA glue on the loosey goosey splined rear axle /bushings is the key.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale