[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - DCS CARRERA PROXY RESULTS

DCS CARRERA PROXY RESULTS

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Carrera proxy cas have arrived at DCS

Postby nhdungeonracer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Does it really run better without the spring? Hmmm, if so, I just learned something today! :D

Did anybody else remove their springs? :geek:
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:29 pm

I have a spring collection you are welcome to. :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby FootScoot » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:44 pm

I was thinking about using a couple of those springs off of the X-Bows for overloads on my scooter. :mrgreen:
FootScoot
Mini Model Master

Postby Derby City Speedway » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:25 am

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby buspor63 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 am

buspor63
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:05 am

A look at this years rules

Carrera GT Class

1 Any 1990 or newer Carrera GT, GT1, GT2, GT3. body, chassis, guide, interior, motor all from same car
2 All tires must be in stock location
3 May change bushings, axles, gears, wheels & tires only
4 May add lead to any part of the car for weight
5 Must remove magnets
6 Must have your name on bottom of chassis
7 May lower or rise body
8 Each car will run at 10 volts, 6 minutes per lane at all tracks
9 May trim edges of chassis slightly
10 No cutting of body

As of this years rules the springs should not be removed, As of rule 3. We have now learned that removing the springs hopes the proformance of the cars so it will be added to next years rules that you can remove them.

PS yes you can run the Xbox without the spring this race.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:37 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Re: DCS CARRERA PROXY RESULTS

Postby Derby City Speedway » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:56 am

Derby City Speedway
Derby City King

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 am

Arrold whoops me again!

Thanks guys for the fun!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Czar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:42 pm

I really want to thank Austin for putting this proxy together. I also want to thank each of the track owners and all of the drivers for their facilities and time. This was my first proxy race. I had no expectations of winning, though I did harbor the illusion until the first race results were posted. I wanted to learn about building a car that goes fast and how I compared to other builders. That I have a lot to learn is obvious, but that is the best part. As I learn more about working with these little cars the hobby will only grow richer for me. My only regret (though it can't be helped) is that I didn't get to see how all the cars handled on the track. So, to everyone, thanks again and I will be back for more!
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ElSecundo » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Great job, all you tuners! All of these were fun to drive, and very nice cars. Standouts were definitely Fred Fries' Ferrari, Harry's Corvette, and Austin's Maserati. I don't think anybody would have ever guessed that the Maserati (as big as a Superbird) would be at the top of the pile, but these three cars were really great. Fred's was nice and quick, Harry's was smooth, and Austin's was just...fast. Honorable mention for me was Dickie's X-bow, which was just smooth and fun to toss around. And when we were done tossing it around the basement, it wasn't half bad on the track!

Really enjoyed it, thanks for having us over to drive the cars, Mark. :)
ElSecundo
The Great One

Postby arroldn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 am

Harry,
I think you made the same mistake I did when reading the results. The last column is not finishing order. You Whipped me 159/154. I'm tied for 5th you're in 3rd. Little Ferrari didn't do to well in the race as it did in the shake down run. Thanks Mark and all the guys from Derby City.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 am

OH...thanks!

I'll take what I can get :)
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Austin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:18 pm

I hope all the car owners had a great time and will enter in the next race. Thanks to all the track owners for hosting and shipping the cars.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Fred Fries » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks for the run guys, was a fun little series :banana-rock:

Fred
Fred Fries

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale