[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Cheetahs x2!

Cheetahs x2!

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Cheetahs x2!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Available in both D132 and EVO the Carrera Cheetah.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: Cheetahs x2!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm

We just got these in today. And I must say they look very nice!

However, I went to see what Supertires would fit. Alas, just when I thought someone couldn't invent a new way to make a new wheel, Carrera has proven me wrong. I mean, just how many different size wheels can a company make? The center rib of this wheel is almost as high as Mt Everest!!. Surely, it must cost a bit to make a new mold for each different size wheel they make. I can't help but think if they used an existing sized wheel, it would save a few cents down the road. MRRC is currently doing this now. Making all the wheels in their Classic line of cars the same, and just using different inserts.

Yes, I'm speaking as someone who sells aftermarket tires. But as a club racer, it would be nice to know that when a car comes out, there is already a tire that fits it, and I can start racing at my club with this car. It's a fairly common trend that when you are a club racer, your club usually runs a certain brand of aftermarket tire so that the racing is as close as can be. Unfortunately, because the wheels on this car is so far different from anything out there, there's very little chance there's going to be a Supertire for this car. This could change if Carrera puts out more cars that use this oddball wheel.

Oh-and be careful if you go to remove the body. While there are 4 obvious screws on the bottom of the chassis, there is also another screw hidden at the rear of the car. You need to remove a small panel in the rear valance to get to this screw. I don't understand the need for this screw, and for sure when I put the body back on, I won't be using this mysterious screw.

As I said, the car does look great. It looks good enough that I will be fixing it up with the proper Slot Car Corner parts and proper Supertires so I can run them at my club races. Because if I don't, the car will just sit on the shelf collecting dust...
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Am I seeing things, or is this a much better scale model than the 1/24 Cheetah that Carrera did before?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby scuderia-del-teschio aka » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 pm

a road version like 1/24 me want!
scuderia-del-teschio aka

Postby ListerStormGT » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Great looking cars, I love the blue one but I will have to get both. :P
ListerStormGT
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, if I understood what Dickie is saying, that is extremely disappointing to hear about the wheels. That means those of us on wood have to wait for someone to make some tires or we have to completely replace the running gear?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:29 am

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby paul gage » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:08 am

tires won't be too long. My cars are on the way and I should have something by the first week of December... Cobra's too... hang in there!
paul gage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:09 am

DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby J Y D » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 am

J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby J Y D » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:34 am

J Y D
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ourwayband » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 am

We ran these cars over Bibbsters ,straight out of the Box,on wood.Man they are fun!With a little tire truing,these are going to be a blast.I think I have a new favorite car!
Thanks Carrera for making these.
Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Joe A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:49 pm

Carrera is kicking butt with the new cars, I love cheetahs. :banana-rock:
Thanks for sharing Dave.
Joe Aquino
Joe A

Postby nhdungeonracer » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:20 pm

nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby oldstromguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:44 am

Got my 2 Cheetahs. Love the way they look.
Brakes still are a weak point of Carrera cars, imo.
Overall, VERY pleased.

I only wish they had said up front they would do 1/32 versions, so I would not be stuck with 2 BNIB 1/24's sitting on a shelf collecting dust. :-(

dennis
oldstromguy

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale