[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - New Superbird

New Superbird

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

New Superbird

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:21 am

The Superbird driven by Sal Tovella, coming from Carrera in both D132 and EVO.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Re: New Superbird

Postby Scatman1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 am

I'll take one. Luv the paint scheme.
Scatman1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:54 am

This is the best one so far
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:02 am

Understandable... this was a huge issue with this car. This was one of the photos we used for reference and it's clearly faded a bit and/or the color caste is off a bit. The correct color is a Cadillac brown that was standard from that era. BUT in the process of getting the color correct I contacted Sal Tovella. We've talked a number of times on the phone and I sent him a prototype of the car along with a slightly different colored plain body for him to try to give us a more exact color so we could do as accurate a representation of his car as possible. The samples arrived and Sal just loved this slightly darker version of the car. I talked with him for quite some time to be sure we were living up to his expectations for what his slot car should look like. He insisted on this color and we gladly did that shade of what to me looks like a very satisfying shade of "rootbeer". I can say without a doubt that Sal is just thrilled to have this car done. His daughter was so happy to have this car done and I have to say getting this car done exactly according to the wishes of the actual driver is very satisfying.
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby Lou E » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 am

That's awesome Dave, the fact that you guys worked that hard to get it right... The only thing left to do is buy one!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:41 am

Well, that is the best answer I have seen given in a long time. So...thank you Dave.

Sal is a great one and USAC would not have been the great series it was without him.

This is my #1 must have model.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby goosenapper » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 am

goosenapper
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DaveKennedy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 am

Thanks guys. This is pretty common actually. With the US releases i work with the design team and the homeoffice marketing folks to get the approvals, when possible, of the current team or driver of the cars. If you like this story when I post the pix of the Cheetah in 1/32 this afternoon you're going to get even more of this type of info. ;) So check back in a few hours... back to the studio!
DaveKennedy
Master Shutterbug

Postby rotation slim » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am

Gotta have this one.
rotation slim

Postby Cosmic Bilby » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Superb!

Carrera has really hit a home run this year, no doubt about it.

Both classic NASCAR liveries are stunning (to say the least!), plus all the other new releases, all I can say is that it's going to be a Carrera kind of Christmas at home here.

Thank you Carrera and thank you Dave for giving us the models we want!
Cosmic Bilby
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dangermouse » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:33 pm

I don't know a lot about these race cars and have never really looked twice at the previous releases, but that is one fine looking car....and I am thinking it will find its way onto my wish list...

DM
Dangermouse
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:28 pm

I must admit that know this has also helped my decision to buy. If it's root beer color and Sal likes who am I to argue. Cool story. Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby R/TRandy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:29 pm

R/TRandy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice one Carrera. Great choice on doing Sals Superbird. In my opinion Sals Superbird is one of the more deserving cars that needed to get done. Sal mixed it with the big guys. Its great Sal got behind this car to make it right. Oh yeah the 'Godfather'.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Joe A » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:53 pm

This is a must have, too cool I just love mopars
Joe Aquino
Joe A

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale