[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - I guess I need to get busy...

I guess I need to get busy...

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

I guess I need to get busy...

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:41 pm

I've finally decided to finally build some of my own cars I've never done or have other ideas for. Here's the list:

RMS Kits:
3 McKee Mk6's - one is actually going to Mr. McKee, who contacted me before I went out for surgery.
2 McLaren M1b's
2 Javelins - I used mine to replace a master body at one point.
2 '65-66 Mustang Notchbacks

Others:
2 Ninco Corvette repaints/reworks to look like an SCCA racer
GTM McLaren M1a
GTM '66 Falcon
Unknown Volvo 122 resin T/A car

Tires:
I am so over the moon with PG's tires, I'm about to place an order for 50 pair :shock: I have no idea how the heck I'll get them all trued in a timely manner, but that's going to be fun. Just have to get the vacuum ready for the mess... I'm going to do all of my T/A's, GT-40's, P4's, L88's, Rev/Mono M6A's, T70's, and a bunch of my MRRC Sebring powered cars.

With the parts from SCC and the tires, that should keep me busy into the new year.

Anyone else this stupid?
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: I guess I need to get busy...

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 pm

How many of those pain pills are you taking?

It sounds like fun to me. My advice is to resist the temptation to do everything at once and burn out. Your mind works a bit like mine and you tend to set up assembly lines. Believe me, with one wing, you can get very tired setting up 50 sets of tires!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Sounds good David, thats quite a lot of work. Please share pics as you progress on the resins.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Well, this will be fun. I did all of my Mono stockers tires over a few evenings, and that included bathing the motors and trimming the chassis. That was a fun project and I'm thrilled that I can now grab any of them and run them.

My plan is to do them in 3's. Three T/A, three Sebrings, etc. Again, so I can grab them and go. I've purchased perhaps 12-20 pairs of tires at once, but I've sold a few things and want to stock up for the long winter nights.

As for the Nincos, those are progressing. Chassis are trimmed, wheels/axles/gears replaced, bodies filled where needed, and they just got primed. I cut out holes perfectly and am using the small bubble windows from the tonneau covers as the actual windshields. I've got several great vintage pics of them racing with those windshields and a full interior. I also drilled for roll-bars before I prepped for paint. So, those are coming along. I'm going black on one of them and probably a light metallic blue on the other. Or red, I can't make up my mind LOL.

The wing is healing, but seriously pissed at this moment. My bi-weekly trip to Helga's House of Pain has not been fun this week and one of the exercises they have me doing has completely thrown me over the cliff. I woke up almost screaming around 3am this morning. Nothing is knocking this out. I can use the arm with limited motion, and cannot bear weight at all. My wife is about to get a phone call I'm going to get in trouble for - I got an order, went to cast it a few minutes ago and lost control of my arm, dumping the entire contents of mixed resin down the front of my best jeans. Now that they are in the trash, I'm about to ask her to pick me up some new ones at the store since she's heading that way. I'm sure I'm going to hear about that!

The resins are in various stages of prep, so I'll update on those as they get going.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

lol sorry David, but resin down your pants. That is to funny. WHats worse being caught with your pants down or resin down your pants?

Hang in there, your wing will be back to normal in no time!
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Greg - I'll uh, just ignore that question...

Jeremy - I usually get that same comment and have been well trained to change before casting...I just forgot today :(

So, after the proper scolding, I'll not do that again.

Of course, I even have different shoes for casting. You do NOT want to bring that from the shop into the house, and I've learned to use the air hose to blow off the dried resin flashing that seemingly sticks to everything and then ends up on the wife's freshly cleaned floors...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby DAVE » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:00 pm

David at least you have a good excuse for spilling stuff. I do it all the time
and I am not similarly afflicted.
DAVE
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Dave - I'm really good about it usually, but man! Not my day LOL. I'm going to go back to bed...
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 pm

[quote="dreinecke"]Greg - I'll uh, just ignore that question...

Sorry David that was a bit below the belt! Babooom, oh man Im on fire LOL :lol:
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:30 pm

You will be when I'm done with 'ya...

It is good to have people I consider friends. Not saying they are actually friends, more like joke fodder... ;)
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 pm

I just love kicking a guy when he's down...

"When the moon hits your mitt, like a big bag of sh- wait- that's not the words- something's wrong here."
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby zilger » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm

zilger

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Yes sir, I look forward in seeing this.

Then again maybe not. It will make me have to step up my game because mine will look like low-grade dog food.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Zigler - I'm hoping to wet sand and paint tomorrow and have them done mid-week. I've taken a few pics, so I'll post a thread with the entire build when I get them ready. I'm really digging the way these are coming out.

Harry, don't kid yourself - I'm sure yours will look superb.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby MoparGreg » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:36 am

Hi David,
Tell us about Mr Mckee? Did he just contact you out of the blue? I have to say him contacting you is super cool.

I cant wait to see some of your resins built up. Sorry about the jokes earlier, just messin around. The shoulder must be a real bother but give it time & it shall come good.
MoparGreg
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale