Carrera Cobra's and Cheetah's are in stores

1/32nd Scale Slot Car Forum
Discussions for 1/32nd Scale

Re: Carrera Cobra's and Cheetah's are in stores

Postby SOBwanhoser » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:02 pm

I waited...and waited........... for so long for the MRRC's to be released, then couldn't bring myself to pay the $70 for it..... I just got 2 of the Carreras for less than that!!
Carrera's marketing people seem to know the market pretty well - They bring out unique models at a reasonable price and I think they are the best bang for under $35 by far!!
SOBwanhoser

Postby balsaworks » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:27 pm

I received my Cobra yesterday and I like it a lot, beautiful deep red colour, photos don't quite do justice. Very nice finish & details.
It's feels a little heavier and more solid than the MRRC cars, 69 grams with the 2 magnets removed. The motor is a little too strong for magnetless running, but on 10V (on a Carrera track) it is really pleasant to drive, with a performance very similar to a Ninco classic.
balsaworks
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:09 pm

I didn't have time to tune mine before heading to a friends house. I put it on the track w/stock tires and was surprised by how well it run with no work or mags.

bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HRWJim » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:26 pm

What a great looking car. I was trying to save my money for the Pioneer Camaros but WOW these look great. I may have to add this one to my list. I know we can figure out how to make them run and by we I mean Harry of course. LOL Jim
HRWJim
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:43 pm

Call me crazy. While they both look good, I'm leaning toward the MRRC. I think it is the painted rivets and the shorter nose that is throwing me.

I'm sure the Carrera runs great and I like the price point, but I'll have to think about this some more.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/32nd Scale