[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford vs Ferrari Round #13

Ford vs Ferrari Round #13

Re: Ford vs Ferrari Round #13

Postby nhdungeonracer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Thanks to the BC gang for improving my #22 car in the race compared to it's qualifying time. :banana-dance:
Watching it (and other cars as well) in the video, it is quite clear you guys know how to get the best from each car.
I had sent my car in with a set of my own home made urethanes, mainly to see how they stacked up against other urethanes and also against rubber tires. For the most part, they ran mid pack. But I was curious how they would wear through this entire proxy race. At the least, I now know they were able to run the entire series. So that is, in itself, a victory. The decent finish in the last race of this series is a big plus as far as I'm concerned. So a big thank you for that :D
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby chappy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am

Dennis , very well put, i couldnt agree more.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Aloha » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:05 am

To all that participated and supported this event and the 13 rounds it was great fun. Now once the final points are tallied the Ferrari camp will surely have to do their home work and figure a better game plan against the blue oval. I hear Dr. Ferdinand Porsche in the background that we have not seen the best yet...oh that is for another time.
:text-thankyouyellow:
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:46 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm

You guys are giving me an idea...................we did Ford vs. Ferrari Wars and Ford won. I wonder what it would be like to have the next series be Ford vs. Porsche...................? Just noodling.............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby steeveew » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:59 pm

Allan,I like noodles.

Steve
steeveew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:38 am

Thanks a lot, Todd, for putting up the final standings; both individual and team! That's a lot of work to keep this going over 9 months and through 13 Rounds and we appreciate it very much! :text-bravo:

Congrats to Steve (redlynr), Chris (chrisguyw) and Mike (smokeio) on their top 3 finishes over this series. :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: I know that Steve was watching his tires closely in the final Rounds and his racing strategy paid off. Good call!

Congrats also to the first place Ferrari of Dennis (gascarnut); a nice 4th place against some very stiff competition from the top 3 blue oval cars! :banana-dance:

Ford clearly won this battle by a sizeable margin; reminds you a little of the Le Mans fights in the mid-60's doesn't it............

The cars were shipped back to me by Luf yesterday and I should have them in about a week. I'll post to this thread when they show up and will turn them back around to the racers as soon after that as I can.

This was a lot of fun! Start thinking Ford vs. Porsche Wars; we'll make it sort of a "King of the Mountain" series. Who knows, we may actually have to go to Ford vs. Chevy the following year...............

Also keep an eye out for the auctioning off of the yellow #8 Marty Stanley Ford GT-40, proceeds to go to HRW.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:45 am

Allan,

If you are going to be at the Michigan 24 save the shipping and just bring mine to the race.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:55 am

A Big round off applause to the organizers !!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a fun event and a pleasure to race some really well prepared slot cars.
Many Thanks
Richard.
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:01 am

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:05 am

Luf if you want to help out a bit, you can send my #23 Ferrari straight to me in Canada rather than back and forth across the border. I will reimburse you the shipping.
Let me know
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Previous

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy