[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford vs Ferrari Round #10 - Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Ford vs Ferrari Round #10 - Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Ford vs Ferrari Round #10 - Hawkes Bay, New Zealand

Postby munter » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Is this round 7?

A large box has arrived from South Africa. I will unpack, inspect and report.

A shakedown run (hopefully Friday) and a race (sometime) will take place in due course.

Regards
munter
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ford vs Ferrari....... in Napier, Hawkes Bay, New Zealan

Postby CrockettNZ » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:52 am

Munter let me know when you are ready to run the cars
I will come around and give you a hand
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:47 am

will do
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 am

That is great news !!!!!!!!
No big scares with the import duties ??????
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 am

Great to hear that the Ford-Ferrari Wars cars made the tip across the Indian Ocean and the Western Pacific! Looking forward to seeing them on the Anaconda again. :handgestures-thumbup:

John, this is actually Round #9, because Richard ran 3 Rounds for us in South Africa; 4 if you count the Glenn. So, the 1953 was Round #6, the Marlboro Mile was #7 and the Rhino River Raceway was #8. I think that the Glenn was just a run for fun - but aren't they all.

What the heck, we'll count them all if Richard agrees with that. Call it Round #10 on the Anaconda!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:07 am

The Glenn was serious FUNNN !!!!!!!!!!
I see Todd has it in the score sheet.
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 am

Then Round #10 it is - on the Anaconda!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:03 am

I unpacked the cars this afternoon and enjoyed each one as it came out of the bubble wrap and took its place on the infield.
There are some lovely cars there.

I admit to running a couple for a few laps, no timing switched on though.

As a bench mark my Slotit FordGT40 has done a best time of 5.31sec and my Ferrari 312 has done a best of 5.32sec.
It will be interesting to see how the proxy cars stand against these times.

More later.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:27 am

Sounds interesting......................... :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:06 pm

This afternoon was a cool and slightly damp Spring afternoon. After a few small tasks this morning I decided it was a good time to give each car a serious shakedown timed run over 20 laps and record any impressions and best time of the run.
Some pictures to show I do actually have the cars and a look out the workshop door.

Sorry Crockett I never made contact.

I arranged the cars into two main groups and then similar vehicles in each group and ran them accordingly.
There seem to be two #11's so I might have that wrong on one of them. Numbers and owners names are hard to pick on some cars.
Findings below:
Ford GT 40, Aloha, #9, 5.736sec
Ford GT 40, 8wheel, #20, 6.149sec
Ford GT 40, ChrisW, #241, 5.385sec
Ford GT 40, Retro44, #9, 6.298sec
Ford GT 40, Aroldn, #6, 6.100sec
Ford GT 40, JScottIII, #3, 5.309sec
Ford GT 40, Floridaslotter, #8, 5.625sec
Ford GT 40, Pappy, #242, 5.421sec
Ford GT 40, Audi1, #124, 5.484sec
Ford GT 40MkIV, Redlyner, #75, 5.180sec fastest plastic car on my track ever
Ford GT40MkIV, Smokieo, #70, 5.227sec
Ford Mirage, Gascarnut, #1, 5,455sec
Cobra Daytona, Urban Warrior, #5, 6.428sec wobbly guide, some offs
P68, STEE??, #7, 5.385sec
P68, Orakei Racer, #133, 5.584sec
P68, ????, #9, or maybe #1963, 5.320sec
Ferrari 250GTO, Urban Warrior, #11, 5.665sec
Ferrari P4, Audi1, #24, 5.373sec
Ferrari 312, Aloha, #85, 5.471sec
Ferrari 312, BrumosRSR, #33, 5.684sec
Ferrari 312, Retro Racer, #87, 5.707
Ferrari 512, Aroldn, #11, 6.472sec....blown tire, will reglue
Ferrari 512, DungeonRacer, #22, 5.789sec
Ferrari 312coupe, Chappy, #23, 5.566sec
ferrari 350, Gascarnut, #4, 5.426sec Steering wheel is out, if it is an easy fix I will glue it, if it is a hassle I will leave it out.
Last edited by munter on Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi John:

Good to see the cars running again even if my lead sleds are bringing up the wrong end. I knew I should have taken more time to tune them, or drilled them into swiss cheese. Both probably would have helped.

The #87 Ferrari is mine and the #33 is Tony's (BrumosRSR)

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:03 am

OOOOOOOHHHHHH MAAAAAAAN MUNTER I was just sitting on the couch watching rubbish on TV while home alone
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:52 am

munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:27 am

Great to see the shakedown run times and comments; thanks John.

Congrats to redlynr for setting a new fastest lap on the Anaconda!

Looking forward to the race. Umm, CrockettNZ may want to join in the fun this time...................... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:24 am

Thanks for the shakedown laps!

:auto-driving:
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy