[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Round #6, #7, #8 and #9 - South Africa

Round #6, #7, #8 and #9 - South Africa

Re: Round #5 - South Africa

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:28 am

Only had time to test run 3 or 4 cars !!!! they were all QUICK !!!!!!! and handled well.
Planning to qualify the cars on The 1953 Thursday evening.
Rob I'll put some ZA decals in an envelope with the cars and somehow they can be posted to you.However there won't be room to send you some OUMA rusks !!!!!!
Richard .
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:23 am

Sorry Gents qualifying postponed until next week!!!!!!!!
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:58 am

My friend sends me OUMAs every Christmas! I go through about 4 boxes a year, carefully rationed.

I'm sure whomever opens that box will PM me for my mailing address. This is a pretty helpful bunch around HRW. Thanks!
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:21 am

OK, what's an OUMA?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:15 am

gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks, Dennis. Now I'm a little more in-the-know about OUMA rusks.........and a few other things, too.............. I wonder if they'd make a good chassis.............? ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:08 am

Gents !!!!! Is South Africa not Round #6 and Round #5 Cloverleaf ? Just checking !!!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Round #6 - South Africa

Postby Audi1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:17 am

You are correct, Richard. The first Round in SA will be Round #6. Changes made.

Good luck to everyone!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chrisguyw » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:26 am

Hi Richard, In case you miss my reply to your PM...could you please...run my car as it is for this race, and then return it to me. I will replace the chassis (broken guide tongue) and will catch up with series asap. I will be happy to incur postage costs.

Allan, If there are any issues with this repair, please let me know.

Cheers
Chris Walker

PS Richard sent me a PM indicating that after an "off" in qualifying, my guide came out, and upon inspection it was noticed that the chassis guide tongue was broken.
chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:38 pm

Chris, what you request is fine. There is no penalty for return and repair.

However, you may want to consider this. Richard usually runs 3-4 rounds for us in RSA, so if you have the car shipped back to you after the first one, then you'll likely miss the next ones. When the cars leave Richard, they go to New Zealand and that usually take some time; time enough for a return/repair/return to the next track without missing any races.

If Richard can get your car back into racing condition with a patch, then you will likely be better off staying in for the RSA races and doing the return after they've been completed. Why don't you let him do the repair for this first race and if you get a reasonable result, then leave it in for the RSA series.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Richard
Will the race be run this week?
Please feed my drivers some Ouma in the meantime as their last meal was poi here in the islands. Trust me you have to develop a taste for that stuff.
Hope you are having fun with the cars...and really hoping that the Southern Hemisphere will help the prancing horses!!!!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:30 pm

My little drivers like poutine, aka heart attack on a plate, but none the less a Canadian treat. That must be the reason they are driving so slowly, so full they just want a nap.
Haha!
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:24 pm

You guys break me up. But Ouma is wonderful in tea, coffee, milk, oatmeal, and the busted up bits really make a bowl of cereal. About Poutine... I was a new kid in town in London, Oantario, and most of the kids I knew never heard of Poutine, but the lady down the street was from Montreal, before she came to live with her daughter and son-in-law, and she had a connection. You're right, it takes getting used to, but it is kinda addictive. I think it helps prevent freezing to death by adding fat to the body. Did I mention I moved there from Mississippi?

POI, however, is library paste, and I am sure it is islander's revenge on Haole.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:44 am

The race on the 1953 was run last light.
Format. Three designated drivers per lane and a one minute race in qualifying order.
We had some close and intense RACING !!!!!!!!. Great fun was had by all :banana-dance:
Gavin will post results and pics..
Only three cars managed a 10 lapper !!!!!! # 2 ,#9 P68 and #24 Chrisguy"s car with a broken guide post !!!!!!!.All three being Fords :banana-dance: A lot of cars missed it by inches..........
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:41 am

Here are some pics. I do not have the results yet, will post them once received.

Top 3 Qualifiers:

10 lap wonders:

These cars are immaculate. You all are wizards with building and tuning slot cars. Well done.

Results of 1953 Qualies an Race will follow over the weekend.

Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy