[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy - Round #1 The River Run

Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy - Round #1 The River Run

Re: Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy - Round #1 The River Run

Postby urbanwarrior » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:05 pm

Well I have one on rubber tires that placed 5th and one on urethanes that placed 20th....we'll see how this plays out.
Thanks Allan and Co. for the qualification round. Can't wait for the races.
And I'm pretty sure the "U" is for Urbanwarrior!! :D
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Last edited by Brumos RSR on Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:05 am

Thanks for the run Gents!

So far so good, but who knows how the different tires will pan out. I've had zero luck with U tires since the old gray dust ortmanns...

Cheers
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:55 am

The qualifying data has been added to the series spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:31 am

I suspect that after the cleaning we will see a marked difference in the times.
The urethanes may really come to life, and Chris's will just get faster , :o

Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Boohoo!

Thanks to the snail pace of Canada Post, Canada Customs and USPS, my cars will not make the first race. Tracking said they went from Vancouver to San Francisco two days ago, but then nothing. Snail mail never seems to take the most direct route, eh? I'm wondering why I paid extra for express post.

Anyway, Allan has agreed to hold the box to wait for my cars before sending them to event #2. I guess mine will just be DNS for this one.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:41 pm

We'll miss you on the starting line, Keith. The mail sometimes just doesn't work the way that we want it to..........

We'll keep the lights on for you.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:09 am

................it's race day....................! :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:24 am

Your keen! Big day....
My Sunday is just about over. Will have to wait till Monday morning to check results. Have a good one.
OrakeiRacer

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:13 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:17 pm

......and, we have a winner......!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Almost bed time ........ will wait ........for results!!!!!
In the meantime ..... I'll watch the Motor GP . Austin Texas ,,,,,,,,
Thanks for racing guys.
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:27 pm

It was a sunny spring day when Jeff (dge467), Bob (rleog) and Ernie (ernstigator) arrived at The River Run paddock. Earlier that day, I had snapped some pics of the assembled field; 23 cars (3 short of a full field - which we will have for Round #2). Here's the field for today's race:

There was a smell in the air........I think it was INNOX and Scaleauto speed oil.......mixed with a little nacho flavored Doritos and glazed donuts thrown in for good measure.......... and the spirit of Enzo was on hand. I think I overheard him say: "My boyza gonna kicka some Bluea Ovale butte, today, Foreign body, newa chassisa, anda they've only gotta halfa of the camza that they needa. Must be a lowa budgeta teama. Heya!" And think I heard the spirit of Carrol Shelby say something like: "There is no replacement for displacement..............dude!.........".

So, there they were; the stare-down was on and there were a lot of game faces in the paddock:

Before the start, we had the drivers do a "pretty girl" concourse on the cars and, here are your winners, unanimously determined by all 3 judges:

First place - # 9 - aloha
Second place - #4 - gascarnut
Third place - #33 - Orakei Racer

Congrats gents! Great looking cars that you all built! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

One the way to the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat, we had some on-track confrontations:

But, by and large, it was a pretty cleanly fought race, with a lot of side-by-side and nose-to-tail action.

When the smoke cleared, here's how it all shook out...........................

Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy - Round #1 Results:

1. #2 - 86.2 laps
2. #241 - 83.8
3. #9 - 80.9

4. #4 - 79.5
5. #70 - 79.1
6. #85 - 78.1
7. #24 - 77.9
8. #1 - 77.1
9. #8 - 76.5
10. #3 - 76.3
11. #124 - 76.1
12. #22 - 75.7
13. #242 - 75.6
14. #23 - 75.5 - 6.817 sec.
15. #133 - 75.5 - 6.819 sec.
16. #11 - 75.1
17. #19 - 74.8
18. #7 - 74.7
19. #33 - 74.3
20. #111 - 69.1
21 #6 - 68.7
22. #5 - 67.7
23. #20 - 66.2

Congrats to redlynr on a horizon job finish in first, chrisguyw for a nice clear second and slotting since 1963 for a solid third! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

I took videos of every third heat, so you will all be able to see your car on the track at least once. I'll get them posted later tonight or tomorrow.

That's it from The River Run. The cars will be in the mail early next week to Bob Taylor at Cherokee Point for Round #2.

Allan
Last edited by Audi1 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi Allan, just wondering if the cars ran in any particular order, because if they did it would have been awesome to see 13th 14th and 15th running so close together wow thats really close racing .
Thanks for the run and to all the help too.
Great job guys.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Aloha » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:16 pm

Allan

What a great way to have my cup of coffee this morning... A race report and some great cars to look at. Congrats to Chris and the podiumites.
Allan, you did a great job organizing all of this. Onto the next race and three more cars will be joining the fray...
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy