[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Re: Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:02 pm

At least you guys are in testing mode!
I am still in brass building mode! :lol:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:40 pm

Looks nice, Keith. I'll be interested in what you find with the testing.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:45 pm

I really like that chassis design! I am working on my first side winder build (also for a GT-40 for the same event) and may have to borrow a couple thoughts from your design! :)
The cobra, I am kicking around possibly doing a front engine build on - just to be a bit different - but that one is slated to start after I get the GT-40 squared away.
Thanks for sharing!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Todd- Look at my front engined Panoz on the D3D scratch building thread. I used a D3D S can pod for the motor holder and front axle carrier, and built up a brass chassis around it. I have since changed the teflon rear carrier as it was poorly drilled. I have replaced it with a brass one. The shaft just goes through a 2mm hole in the brass, and so far no excess wear is showing.

It starts half way down this page.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7887&p=102215&hilit=devis3d+design#p102215
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:09 pm

Keith -
Appreciate the link! Will definitely have to check that out!
Thanks! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Brumos RSR » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Those RR44 chassis are always pretty quick in competition can't wait to see how this one does. Great work again Keith
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:42 pm

The first test was going well on Monday night until one of the plastic wheels spun off. I have glued it back on and will test again tomorrow night. First indication is that it will be a good one, even with the stock motor and plastic wheels. I will probably pop a Piranha in it for the proxy, and replace at least the rears with metal wheels.

Tony, not all my chassis are quick, I have a few real dogs that will never see a proxy, the odds seem to be improving though, and each one is better than before. Now if I could just stick to one proven design, eh? I just like experimenting too much.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:39 pm

A little more progress on my Ford-Ferrari Wars entries.

The rockers and front and rear valences on the 330/P4 have been migrated off the old chassis:

And the underside body has been shaped to accept the Slot.It Ford GT-40 chassis:

I reinforced the rockers with 0.50mm styrene and epoxy and epoxy-strengthened the front and rear valences:

Next up will be the interior.

In the meantime, the stable-adversary, the #24 Ford GT-40, waits for it's chassis:

And the chassis are straightened and waiting for the pods, wheels and tires..............:

More as soon as I finish my CanAm cars...............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:32 am

Body finally finished. Based it on the Amon/McLaren winning Le Mans GT40 livery. Hope the stealth paint doesn't make it too hard to see on the track :lol:. Just have to do final testing on the chassis and glue everything down and will post it on Monday. Local post reckons it will take 10 working days to reach you, we'll see .....

Last edited by OrakeiRacer on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrakeiRacer

Postby Aloha » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:38 am

Cool...befitting of the All Blacks. Looks sharp
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:32 am

Yup, looks good and looks like it wants to run!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby OrakeiRacer » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:16 am

Hi Allan.
The finished product. Posted today, should get to you in about 6 days. Went with PG tires, though not as grippy as NSR Supergrips or Slotit N22s, hopefully they will be a good compromise, especially if the field are running a mix of rubber and urethane.

OrakeiRacer

Postby CrockettNZ » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:05 am

now that is one sweet looking P68 there Mike :music-rockout:
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gascarnut » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:32 am

Here's the progress on my Ferrari entry.

The frame is done and the body is mounted so far:

The body is a resin casting of a Ferrari 350 CanAm, made by Phil Kalbfell in Tasmania. I will be decorating it in the iconic orange/brown/gold of Team Gunston, replicating the car that ran in the 1968 Kyalami 9 hours endurance race.
gascarnut
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy