[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Re: Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Postby redlynr » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:45 am

My P68 is setup white/red and is very good. Surprisingly the MKIV is at least 1/10th faster on average, besting all but the very top RAA GT1 Q times at the Rut... I have the red/white in a shopping cart at an online retailer, but at this point I'm not sure I'll pull the trigger.
redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:18 pm

My Ferrari 330/P4 entry has morphed into a Ferrari 312 PB.........................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:27 pm

...........and then again, after seeing Luf's Ferrari 330/P4 in the GVSCC proxy, I re-morphed my Ferrari 312PB back into a 330/P4.

Just started on it today; mostly tear-down and think about how to build it back up. Here are a couple of shots of the body in prep; it's getting a Slot.It Ford GT-40 chassis, so there's some cutting to be done before the gluing up.

Clamshell body - it is such a good looking design - makes it all the better to build out:

A little hacking at the parts that are in the way of the chassis cuts and the new interior:

And the outline of the chassis cuts for the dremel after the glue-up:

More shortly on this one.

How are the rest of you coming on your builds? This thread has been very quiet since mid-last November.........! :o

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:42 pm

Ready and waiting!!!
I really think it will be interesting to see the builds and competition.
Will probably have Henry and Enzo fighting upstairs over this event
"Aloha"
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:32 am

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bill from nh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:05 am

Butch, good luck with the surgery next week! You could always get some skis for that walker. :)
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:39 pm

A friend sold me his slot stuff as he had lost interest, and in the box was a Scaley Ford GT40. It was a pale blue Gulf #9. I had thought I would resell it, but it kept calling out to me to rebuild it with a brass chassis.

So after seeing the posts above I took the plunge. After I took it all apart, I saw that the main body is actually in two pieces, so I glued those together. I then cut across the chassis so the front lower valance and rear tranny detail can be screwed back onto the upper part of the body. I used my Xacto razor saw to cut off the side valances and glued them back on. (Note to myself. Don't wipe Gorilla CA across painted car bodies, as it smears the paint.) I reinforced the inside seams with Goop and the body is ready for a chassis.

I will try to post some pics of this later.

Keith
Last edited by Retro Racer 44 on Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:00 pm

I'm still in. My Ferrari has been done for a while. These posts lately have been very interesting and I am thinking about a revamp on my car. I did a mild tune on it, and I think I might be better advised to get more aggressive. I love this kind of stuff. More later.

Stay safe, Butch. Take it from me, the speed you gain from hurrying is not worth the embarrassment and pain of taking a fall with a walker or crutches. Its impossible to take a good safe fall with either of them. Slow down.

Keith, you have inadvertently chosen the most frustrating (but fast), car Scaley ever made. I did a repaint on one years ago, and I went nuts trying to get it done without breaking parts. You have avoided that by changing the chassis. Don't even think of anchoring the body to your new chassis with screws through the interior! It doesn't work for them, it won't work for you! LOL.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Pappy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Mine are ready to go....

urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:19 am

That Daytona Coupe looks fast! Someone stole your Ferrari, though, looks like it might have been on an extended joy ride.................... ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:34 pm

I got a change in plans. I couldn't get the Slot It chassis with the Fly Ferrari 512 body up to speed (the Fly body weighed to much) so I'll be entering a dark red Slot It Ford GT 40 with the number 24 on it.
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:22 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pappy » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:48 am

Allan, I've got mine setting new track records for my track. I've never had any car go as fast as this car, it's even faster than my Michigan 24 cars. :D

Let the smack talk begin. :violence-smack: :lol:
Pappy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 am

Mine's a dog..........but I'm going to work with it................must have been a bad lot from Slot.It.........................? :liar:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy