[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Re: Ford-Ferrari Wars - the Cars and the Builds

Postby munter » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:51 am

I did the glue and cut to a Ferrari 330 a while back.
Getting away from the clamshell idea is a plus.
This car had a broken guide mount so I wasn't too fussed if I ruined things but in reality I improved it.
I used a front section of an HRS chassis for the new guide mount and glued it in place a little further forward than before.
From memory I didn't use the six (yes six) mounting screws. I did say this was done a while back.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:26 am

Hi John, Nice looking, clean job there! The grafted Slot.It guide is a nice plus on that build. Looks like you have a Ford-Ferrari Wars car all set to go......................(?) ;)

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:32 pm

I cut out the lighting board and place things in individually. It also looks like I cut up the cockpit and fitted parts individually too.
Main issue is the rear rims being small and the urethanes fitted not quite gripping enough. Maybe I will work on it some more.

I would have added these pictures last night but I could not get the insert window to open...poor server at my end rather than a HRW problem I think.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Allan, this will be my second entry, and on the Ford side! Figured a J car would fit right in somewhere? :lol: I am working on it still, but so far it is a Strombecker body fitted to a Modified NSR Chassis .Early test runs show it to be a strong contender I believe.ImageImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Nice choice on the J-car, Bob! And that NSR chassis will. doubtless, be good to you.

On the black chassis, which is stiff, but not as stiff as the white chassis, I tend to lock the pod down tight, to give a little more structural rigidity to the chassis. Give it a try, if you haven't already, you can always back them off if it's slower that way.

What you're doing with those Stommie cars is great! And, I like your choice of motor................................spur looks good, too.................... :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Thanks Allan, Its locked down tight, I am using a three point body mount, and had to much flex till it was tightened down.
Its in the early testing stages, but its track times look very promising already.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:08 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:56 pm

That would be a maybe.....best I can do at the moment.
When is the deadline? next year?
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Yup, the deadline is March, 31, 2016. You've got some time................~! :D

We can't have a race on The Anaconda again without a "home-town" car.............!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:09 pm

mmmmmm......I will read the rules again and see what I can come up with.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:32 am

OK! :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:26 pm

Yup, GT-40s are always fast.................!

Good luck on this one! Are we going to see a torsion bar suspension again.........................??

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:12 pm

I've completely revamped what I am going to do for this one. Years ago, I did a repaint on a Coda Lunga that I never really liked. It was a sale car, damaged in shipment, and I did a David Piper green version of it, then I found out that the 512s he had weren't long tails! So, I'm fooling around with it now. I always liked the motor/axle bucket on the Fly chassis on these things, so I'm trying to use it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:25 am

Looking forward to see what you come up with for this one, Dave. I have a Slot.it GT40 body with a scratch built sidewinder chassis under it. We can compare when your done, eh?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:51 am

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Ford-Ferrari Wars Proxy