[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR - the Cars and the Builds

ROAR - the Cars and the Builds

Re: ROAR - the Cars and the Builds

Postby btaylor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

They sure look great Todd!, they will run way better than they did new I am sure, and they wont be in a box somewhere forgotten.
Nice work on both of them. you should be proud. they are winners already.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks for the kind words Bob!
I am DEFINITELY looking forward to finally being able to turn some laps with these tonight!
They ought to make some good additions to "Team Chaparral"! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Todd,
Nicely done. Those will, no doubt, run MUCH better than the stock Strombecker cars. Your "floppy" sidepans should work....that's a time-tested design.

Very frankly, I was looking at my D3D components last night.....a couple sidewinder pods that are begging for use and I was noodling on something similar to what you have done. So that was inspiring!

Here's hoping Team Chaparral gives the huge Jag contingent a run for their money!

Dang it, I should have done that MkI roadster........ :doh:
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Team Chaparral definitely appreciates those great looking 2A's, Todd! They really look nice; great colors, great details! :text-bravo: I'm sure that they'll run well for you tonight and in this proxy fun run.

I have a John Warren (munter) resin body Mk1 that is almost complete, so that car, plus the 2A's from you and Steve (sadco racing), will round out Team Chaparral. My Mk1 is an IL, too, so that's one common thread that runs through all the cars on this team.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:30 pm

LOL! Allan - that has to be one of the more "interesting" methods I have scene displayed in the build pics!
Hope it supplied the required clearance! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:16 am

"Stanley" to the rescue...................... :lol:

Yup, got the clearance that I need.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:46 am

Great pictures. Have used a hammer on a slot car, too; but more in the manner of driving nails...nothing so practical, elegant and functional.

The MB shop is frantic (was, rather, having read the other ROAR related posts this morning). The replacement body has arrived in the shop and the paint shop is busy preparing the race number disks and license plate holder to receive the new numbers.
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Last edited by Audi1 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Both very nice! but that Chappy is bad to the bone. I need one of those bodies!
Great work Allan, hope they run as good as they look.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:32 pm

Bob, I've got an extra! John sent me two and I didn't kill the first one, so if you want a Chaparral Mk1 body, then I've got one you can have. Let me know.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:32 pm

Two more great looking builds for the field!
Particularly fond of that Chaparral! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappyman66 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Very nicely done, Allan! Those are going to be tremendously difficult to beat. My poor efforts don't stand a chance, I am afraid.....but we will see how they run.

Lovely cars, and they are going to be great runners, no doubt.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:56 pm

All excellent builds Gentlemen. Can't wait to run against everyone and see how things shake out.
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:35 pm

At this point in my track's evolution, it likes urethane tires. The three fastest feeling cars that I've run so far (no official lap times yet) have all been on urethane tires. Rubber is second fastest and silicone is third (just the opposite of what I've seen on most mature tracks).

So, it may be very good days for the cars on urethane tires come qualification day........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy