[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR - the Cars and the Builds

ROAR - the Cars and the Builds

Re: ROAR - the Cars and the Builds

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:13 pm

Chaparral (Jim Hall) always innovated but there were team inputs too. They weren't always the quickest......the 2H and 2G come to mind.....but they were respected because of the innovation.
So even if they aren't the fastest (and mine won't be either), they are quite welcomed. Very nice work...having done something similar for a Strom McLaren (was purple, now a decent blue and no hole in the nose) I can respect a man who saves a body like that.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:16 pm

Allan, speaking of financed teams , I would like to make a donation toward shipping costs.
I'm sure some of the other lads would too.
Can you set up a paypal acct or use yours for this purpose.
I certainly don't expect the hosts to be paying the freight on this proxy.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks guys!
One has a full brass chassis and the other is getting a hybrid D3D pod and brass set up (will share a shot of that once it is done - it currently has me scratching my head a bit...) :)

Hopefully both will do the Chaparral camp proud at tomorrow's test and tune... :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Todd, those sound interesting! One of mine is full brass, the other is a heavily modified plastic chassis.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Rleog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Last edited by Rleog on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:06 pm

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:29 pm

Rleog - WOW!!!! That body looks AWESOME!!! Kudos sir!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:34 pm

I think I've seen that car before................ Looks great, Bob! I didn't focus on the wheel well extensions when you brought the car over, but it looks cool. Jaguar should have built some of their D-types as you've done your model.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 pm

Somewhere in his narrative I think he used the word "acceptable".....a true Jaguar team member; tremendous understatement!

That is gorgeous ! Absolutely, beautiful work! Me 'ats off to you guv'nor!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:59 pm

I am a hardcore D- Jag fan, and I like the body as is. That is until now! what a looker! I will have to shamelessly copy that flare job on at least one of my many D-cars.
very nice work.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:32 pm

Lovely color......it looks very nicely done.
Jags are going to be hard to beat.......let's hear it for heavily modified plastic, indeed! That's the Team MG vote!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:29 am

That Jaguar is pretty mean looking.
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:24 am

SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:06 am

That is one classy looking XK-120, Richard! :text-bravo:

That paint color seems just right for a vintage racer and the wheels and the the RSA flag on the doors looks great! Looking forward to receiving the car.

I agree, Team Jaguar does seem like it will be a tough team to beat..................!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:58 am

The #89 is now officially ready for track testing!
:banana-dance:

Both builds share the same body - but do use notably different chassis designs!
The #71 is a brass and wire set up that allows the body mount pans to move independent of the main chassis rails (the square tubing over the main wire rails):

For the #89 I decided try building a chassis made primarily of D3D components (my first!). Body float is achieved by adjusting the two 1-72 size screws that attach the brass cross brace of the body mount to the motor pod (can be seen in the second picture):

I am not sure which will be the better handling set up and/or better over the long haul of the proxy - but definitely looking forward to giving them a spin tonight at the track! :)

:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy