[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

Re: ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Not only does the this race include those old rides, we are actually encouraging them to be built!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Built ,,, Ok Bob T, let me know when mine is loaded on the auto transporter, and there is a little thing about pp I have to settle. :lol:

Mike your Windshields are in the mail, 4 to 7 days from Monday you should have them.
Its the stupid border that gets in the way.

Allan and Bob
I think my entries will be The Cooper Monaco, and maybe a Jag XK120.

As the excitement builds the minions are slaving away at their work benches and dreaming of the hopes and aspirations of these finely tuned Roadsters, heading across America .
And when it the green flag drops it will be a constant ROAR..
Sorry sometimes I get carried away
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Looking through my stash of possible bodies - would a Eldon/Strombecker Chaparral 2A be legal? It looks as though that car ran at Riverside in '63 as far as I can tell? (I have a couple of those that are missing stacks, front lights, windshields, etc that could use a good make over!)
Thoughts?

It would be this style:

or

If one (or a pair) of these would be eligible - anyone have a clue as to how to make / find a repo windshield for one? :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:01 am

That body would be legal for the race. And I believe I have one of the original green windscreens that came on these cars, I will look and see. if so, I can vac a new one.
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:11 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:56 am

I actually thought about building that same car till the twin Sl's Showed up. I like that one a lot. i have the old HAWK body of that same car, but it is true 1/32 scale. I really like all the old bodies that are being resurrected for this race! That in itself makes this a very special fun run to me. And i am glad you joined in the race too!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:48 am

Bob -
I really like that I and others are being able to breath life back into bodies that have sat tucked away in boxes/drawers for many moons do to having "issues" - I agree that this makes this proxy very cool in and of itself! :)
The SL's you have are a dead ringer for the Marx cars I have! Will be very cool to see those running around! :)
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:09 am

Todd,yes those are MARX cars i am building, i dont know if they made them in any other colors? I cant think of another time these would come into play.
I had a question from a fellow slot racer as to the value of these cars after retro i fitting other chassis's, I laughed, because most of the old used Home set cars in the condition we are are starting with, would bring very little money on the collectors market, but a running, more modern version that can be used and raced is priceless! Looking on some of the auction sites, netted broken castaway bodies selling at three for $8-$10, not much more than the cost to ship them.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 pm

I had a friend give me an old model body the other day, it might be an old Revell or similar.
It is I believe a 1957 Corvette Roadster.
Being a model body, would it be eligible as it could be my 2nd entry ?
Cheers
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:58 am

Bob , That would be just fine! Nice choice too. Bodies for the race can be plastic , resin, or whatever. no restrictions on body, other than set guidelines.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:00 am

Bring on the '57 vette, Chappy!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks Guys, just got it out of the strip pot this morning and it looks nice and clean now.
I will go with # 23C on this one if its Ok, keeps the number s the same.
cheers
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby btaylor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:36 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:34 pm

I just vac'd two of them, they came out pretty good! and they are clear, not tinted green like the original cant see much detail in the photo, but they have the drivers side hump too.ImageImage
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Bob thats funny, when I sent the pics of Mikes windshields , they were just like yours , hard to, see.
I tried different backgrounds but it didnt make a bit of difference.
Must say from what I can see though yours look real good.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy