[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

Re: ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

Postby btaylor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:37 pm

The softer windscreen I just did for Todd wanted to collapse a bit when I pulled the vacuum, so I re-heated a little hotter and backed off the handle a bit. they cam out good, at least very usable. The harder plastic ones do real well. I may try to build a larger one in the future, I like your build on that. I just don't have a large part need yet. And I really like the portable, on the moment machine I have.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Yes the portables are great, especially for small items.
I can almost get a Hornby mini out of the small one, but not quite.

The reason I did the larger one was to pop old bodies for our little group.
We like racing all sorts but when kt comes to mods and Saturday Nighters its great.
Make 6 or 7 and then everyone does there own thing with it. Breaking it down, its
not really expensive to pop , 3 bodies at a time.
And it can be fun playing around, Tents are a blast if you want scenics for your track, and Sun shades are another easy item. I have even put a group of figures together and made a 4 or 5 person facade for
putting against walls etc where you dont see the fronts. Then just pour plaster of paris in the vac mold and presto the crowd grows haha.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 pm

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:59 am

I have just enough Silcone material left for a small car body to cast. I would like to do an old strombecker car.
does anyone have an idea what one would be most popular? I am thinking the cooper climax, but any of them would be fine.
I have all the bodies, just want to do one that would have more appeal to the masses. chime in if you have a favorite.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby McLiams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:37 pm

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:54 pm

No problem Mcliams! It just heats the plastic more evenly and faster. I use a PVC Base clear. it very strong, and easy to work with, but requires a little more heat.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby McLiams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Oh, DUH! Still have my original Vac-u-form; but very little useable plastic any more. Mind if I ask where you source the PVC? Then, promise, I'll stop the jacking.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:24 pm

there is a seller on E bay, the link is not working right now, but I will put it up as soon as it works again.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361131752546?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby McLiams » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Thanks!
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to ROAR Proxy