[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Guys, I miss spoke about the hardtop cars not being eligible for ROAR. Any and all cars that ran or would have ran at any of the Lemans type races will be correct for this race! I guess I got so excited about this , that I missed some of what Audi1 and I had Discussed! ( Any rocks that need thrown should be aimed at me on this.) Sorry Guys!
Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: ROAR Correction of eligibilty!

Postby chappy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Hi Bob, The Cooper Monaco, has a history from 59 to 64 etc like the one you've poured.
Is it legal, for the ROAR, as body styles did change.
Just looking for a Yay or Nay.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:53 pm

in keeping with the name of this event, I liked your first answer better. I will still send roadsters, as I hate fitting windows in resin bodies. I got one of those Coopers coming. I now have another car for this.

Is there any long can FK-180 type motor that fits this event? I just realized that my potential Corvette has an SCX pro pod with a long can. If not, I can always make a new chassis with a prescribed motor.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:01 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 pm

No Problem Bob if its 63 then it falls within the year range.
I did see a couple of pics from the 63 fall season, so I should be OK.
Thanks
Bob C,,,,,,,, not a word Keith lol
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:14 pm

While scanning Robert Livingston's motor listing I came across this -

NINCO NC-2 “black label” (FK-180) [14,676 RPM/12v] 18,100 RPM/14.8v, tested 14,298- 14,750 RPM/12v [213 gcm/12v] 263 gcm/14.8v, tested 212 gcm/12v, tested 7.8W/12v

If I extract this info - [14,676 RPM/12v] does that mean it is an eligible motor for this event. I believe I may have asked the same question for the PanAm, but ended up using a different (and unfortunately slower) motor.

Can I use it here? I have one and it will fit my Corvette without much ado.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:59 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby btaylor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:43 am

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 am

Bob C - that Cooper Monaco will be just fine for this fun run.

Keith, the FC-180 fits the rpm criteria and since that's all I posted (motor rpm limit), I'd have to say that it's allowed; particularly since the goal here is to have fun and not overburden this run with too many rules. However, the same motor considerations that were a part of the spirit of the La Carrera Panamericana run would apply to this run. I took the motor list from the La Carrera Panamericana and added the M/T motors to it, as the suggestion of one of the forum members. The torque on an FC-180 can is much higher than on an FC-130 can and on an FF-050 slim can. The 7.8 Watts of power that the NC-2 generates will put it well ahead of the other motors; which generate less torque.

Dave, the original idea was to have a fun run for cars that raced at Le Mans in the '49-63 time period. Then we broadened this out to include all cars that ran in the period at any of the big track/big races of that time. Then Bob C came up with what we thought was a great name for the event - ROAR and it became the Roadsters Over America Race. I think that it's going to be mostly topless cars in this fun run, because the majority of cars in that period that raced were topless. I plan to build out a Chaparral Mk 1 and a C-type Jag; both roadsters. But, I'd like to keep it open, if it's OK with everyone, to cars that ran with tops, so that we can keep as many car options open as possible.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:05 am

From the looks of most of the cars shown so far, it could be "Rug Racers Over America Race" :lol:
Lots of old Stombecker, MARX,etc. cars showing up, and resin copies thereof.
Thanks for clearing up the objective Allan.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 am

Great Allan thanks for, the confirmation. Now with direction let the engineering begin lol
By the Way
Katy Perry is singing at the Super Bowl Halftime Show,,, Odds on it will be ROAR. Lol
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:01 am

Hmmmm - ex-Eldon and Strommy action can be used too eh?
I think I need to dig through my "old" stuff this weekend and see if there isn't an open cockpit two seater in there that needs some love!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:15 pm

Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:25 pm

Allan, I know the NC-2 has more torque than the others, but with the weight of my Corvette, it will still come in last. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still haven't decided and am still building, so I will make sure whatever I send is in the same ballpark speed-wise.
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 pm

OK with me either way, Keith. Let's have some fun with it!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to ROAR Proxy