[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR Race Roster / June 30th race date

ROAR Race Roster / June 30th race date

Re: ROAR Race Roster / June 13th race date

Postby TuscoTodd » Wed May 13, 2015 10:03 am

I have been working on decals for mine - but haven't gotten anywhere on the chassis... Hoping to get into that this weekend. :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Good luck on the auction!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed May 13, 2015 8:23 pm

:laughing-rolling: Cor Blimey Dave , youve jumped the pond mate. A Jag E type no less
Looks like we will have a real good field of cars.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:53 am

Dave, maybe something like this.....................? This is Briggs Cunningham's trio of E Types that were entered in the 1963 Le Mans race. All lightweight aero coupes. Nice!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 pm

Well Dave, last time I looked we had you timed to 23 minutes per build start to finish.
So 46 minutes and you've still got change in the hour, and 2 ROAR cars to go.
That gives you 14 minutes for a video, or a coffee, or ?
Seriously Lots of time Dave. Almost a month to go.
Bob C
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:02 pm

Dave, it doesn't have to be a roadster; any car that ran in a Le Mans type Enduro race; roadster, coupe, prototype from
'49-'63, is OK. So, you could go with the E Type coupe, if you wanted to...........

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu May 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Sounds interesting........................
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Fri May 15, 2015 5:50 am

Sound like a cool idea Dave! Cant wait to see those.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby urbanwarrior » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 am

Ok, count me in.
#5 Aston Martin DBR1.
We'll see how well a Sebring chassis with an M/T SL1 can do against the rest of the field.
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Nice selection! As you probably know, that car won Le Mans in 1959 with Carroll Shelby aboard.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:33 pm

btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby urbanwarrior » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:52 am

Thanks for the welcome guys.....however I have a little problem. I ran the Aston last night at my club track and it's not running up to par. With limited prep time and very limited test time I'm not going to be able to devote the effort needed to bring it up to a reasonably competitive level. I have a resin Ferrari 166 #5 that is running very well. I was wondering if I would be able to submit that car instead, especially since Allan is already made that his car of choice.
Thanks again,
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:21 pm

Sure John, that's fine. It will be fun to have another 166 in this race.

Mine is currently causing me to pull out what remains of my hair, as I have used a Slot.It HRS-2 chassis underneath the resin body. The HRS-2 chassis will work for cars with wheelbases 71-89mm. The 166 has a short wheelbase; <70mm. So, it's a big stretch to get this one in working order.

I wish you better luck with yours!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Just a quick note to everyone.

I've received 5 cars so far and, just being back from vacation this week, I'm a little at risk of being late for my own party. :lol:

My cars are headed for the paint booth tomorrow, but it will be a real squeak to get them totally completed by the 13th. I also know that there are a lot of other proxies/fun runs that are taking place now and that several of you are building cars for many if not all of them.

So, how would everyone be with an extension on the due date; say June 30th; rather than the 13th? We've got a great group of cars registered for this run and I'd like to give everyone the time that they need to complete their builds.

If everyone is going to be shipping their cars out early next week, then I can get mine done on time, but unless there are going to be a lot of disappointed people due to this extension, I propose that we shoot for a final due date of the 30th. Let me hear from all of you on this; thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Allan -
I know that I would appreciate the extension! :D
I am still in paint mode on both bodies, chassis build on car #2 - and neither has had a chance to hit the track yet... :oops:
So count me as a "supporter" of the extension. :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy