ROAR Cars - Late Returns

ROAR Cars - Late Returns

Postby Audi1 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:33 am

Hi guys, I'm sorry but the return of your ROAR cars got caught behind a whole series of things that I have on my plate right now. Fortunately, a lot of them are behind me now, but I'm leaving today on vacation and won't be back until October 4th. On the 5th, I fly to Bounder on business, returning on the 6th. I will get all of the cars, and the prizes, out to everyone the weekend of the 8th/9th. Sorry for the delay.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: ROAR Cars - Late Returns

Postby chappy » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:14 am

Allan, do not worry about the timing, of the return. You have put in an incredible amount of time and effort into this successful proxy. Have a good vacation and safe trip.
We can deal with the toys when you have time.
Thank you Allan and all the best.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:43 am

Hey Allan, we haven't seen them in over a year, what's a couple more weeks.

Enjoy your vacation.

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:07 pm

Alan It is now October 19th. What is the status on the return of our cars?
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:38 pm

They're on their way; a few at a time. Should all be back by the end of next week.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks Allan, do you need some postage monies
Cheers
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:56 am

Not this time around, Bob; thanks for the offer. We made this a "free" proxy to help encourage participation. The reality on returns is that 25 cars at approx. $10.00/car, makes it a little heavy on the organizer when it comes to return shipping. But, we'll hold the line. No cost this time; likely a modest cost/car if there is a next time.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:24 am

Thank you Allan, very generous of you ontop of all the work you have put into this event.
Postage certainly isnt getting cheaper, so i agree , a nominal entry fee to assist i costs in future is a good thing for all.
All the best
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:57 am

Gentlemen - your cars all went out to you in today's mail! So, you should start seeing them by mid-next week.

In each box you'll also find a package containing a new BWA FF050 motor and 3 new brass pinion gears (8T/9T/10T) for each car entered. These were donated by Art at D'Art Hobbies in Canada - Thanks Art!

Also included is an Australian flag; one for each car entered. These were donated by Ross Edwards (Rossko; aka GAS41T) - Thanks Rossko!

We also had a drawing for the first and third place prizes. The drawing took place this morning, courtesy of my wife, Marty, and the winners are:

#11 - NorCalMike - 1st place drawing - a new Carrera Ford 289 Cobra - donated by Harry at Home Racing World - thanks Harry!

#8 - Chappyman66 - 3rd place drawing - a new Slot.It HRS-2 chassis - donated by Slot Car Corner - thanks Steve and Bob!

These prizes will be shipped directly to the drawing winners from those who donated them.

The 2nd place prize - a new CG Slotcars Chaparral 2J goes to Bob (rleog) - donated by CG Slotcars - thanks Matt!

And that's it! See you on the starting grid for more racing in the future. :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:06 am

Gosh oh jeepers, I never expected this. Thanks all who donated the prizes. Thanks Allan for herding this crate of toys around the world.

Mike
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappyman66 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:38 am

Thanks indeed!
I never expected anything except allowing others to run the cars I play with routinely. To have them travel the world was quite extraordinary.
To receive any prizes was gravy.
To get drawn is the cherry on top! Especially with non concours cars in the bottom third of the field. ;)
Thanks to all of the organizers, track owners, and drivers who donated to the cause.

Special note to Allan: apparently now I know what will be going under my Chaparral I :banana-dance:
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:35 pm

The twin Chaparrals arrived back in Ohio today along with the added goodies! Thanks guys! :D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:49 pm

While discussing my damaged PanAm Studebakers with Allan, we realized that this proxy has been going on for so long that I not only moved, but the one year mail forwarding I paid for has expired.

Alas, the "Bluesome Twosome" have been mailed to the return address on the box, my old one. I will be going by my old post office tomorrow to see what can be done to prevent them from being dumped in a dead mail bin in the depths of some postal sorting station.

Wish me luck, eh?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:29 am

My jags made it back just fine! Great race, and thanks for the extras!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Next

Return to ROAR Proxy