[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The ROAR Fun Run Proxy Concludes

The ROAR Fun Run Proxy Concludes

The ROAR Fun Run Proxy Concludes

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Here's a thread for the final Round of the ROAR proxy; Bob's Raceway in Nashua, NH. Take is away, Bob.............. :banana-dance:

Hard to believe when you think back on it; 12 months, 18 races, 5 countries (including Australia for the first time), classic racing roadsters, and a lot of fun for both the hosts and the entrants.

I should have the cars back to everyone by mid-August (complete with prizes; don't forget the prizes threads in the ROAR subforum).

Good luck to everyone! :handgestures-thumbup:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Round #18 - Bob's Raceway, Nashua NH

Postby McLiams » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Just a check-in on the status.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi Bill, I talked to Bob last night. He's going to look at this weekend and if he can't line up drivers (the problem), then I'm going to get the cars from him and mail them back to the entrants. We've already had 17 rounds, so we're not short on racing time.

It's been a long haul since the cars got back to North America and I'm getting messages that the entrants would like to get their cars back. So, we'll see how this weekend goes for Bob.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:45 am

Thanks.
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Unfortunately, Round #18 is not going to be able to take place. I talked to Bob this afternoon and the availability of drivers is still an issue.

So, since we've already had 17 rounds and since it's been over a year since we started racing, I'm going to call this fun run proxy over and collect the cars from Bob on Saturday. I'll try to get them mailed out to all of you in the next 2 weeks, but that may be a little tight, since I'll be away from Sept 7-14 and then again from September 20-Ocober 7. I'll do my best.

Bob (rleog), I'll keep your car here and you can pick it up anytime.

I think that if this proxy goes forward for another year, someone needs to think carefully about the number of Rounds that can be run in an acceptable timeline (substantially less than a year) and what the geographical mix of tracks could be to meet that timeline.

A big thanks to all of the racers for your participation and, particularly, to the hosts of each of the Rounds for providing us with some really exciting racing! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:

I'll be drawing the first and third place prizes from a hat to provide everyone with a little upside opportunity for their efforts and patience during this series.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The ROAR Fun Run Proxy Concludes

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:21 pm

:D
Looking forward to seeing my traveling pair return!
Thanks for the update Allan!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:39 pm

"The Bluesome Twosome" are coming home after having been more places around the world than I will ever be.well done to all involved.

I have several vintage roadsters ready to pick from for round two. I believe it is time for the Bluesome Twosome to retire gracefully.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks to Allan for conceiving and administering the inaugural ROAR, and to the track hosts for running their events.

And here's a nod of appreciation to Matt of Changing Gearz for donating the fantastic 2nd place prize.

:text-thankyouyellow:
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:44 am

Yay my boys are coming home,,, its like the return of the prodigal sons lol.
I bet they have grown a foot while away.
Lol.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:07 pm

Picked them up from Bob this afternoon. Will try to get some of them out early next week. I'm tempted to take another shot of them on the track........................

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:12 am

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappyman66 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks to everyone! Glad to have the cars coming home.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Don't be tempted, Allan, just run them one more round. You better be careful, however, as there is a little blue Tub nipping at the heels of your Chaparral. Haha!

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:47 pm

Aha, I see what you mean. But, who's the "nipper" and who's the" nippee"...................? :lol:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Well done !!!!!!!!!!! All ..........
Thanks , it was great FUN !!!!!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to ROAR Proxy