[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The ROAR Down Under

The ROAR Down Under

The ROAR Down Under

Postby Audi1 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:52 am

Good news! The ROAR cars have arrived with John (munter) in New Zealand. :banana-dance: :banana-dance: He'll have a look at them and do a shake-down run soon.

We'll have either 3 or 4 rounds down under with these cars; two in NZ and, likely, 2 in Australia.

Looking forward to the updates from John as he gets these cars up and running again.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The ROAR Down Under

Postby TuscoTodd » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:17 am

Good to hear!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 am

Great News, I am going to have to start a small collection of tiny world flag or Country abbreviations so I can plaster my little cars with them.
All places I have never been lol.
Have fun with them John.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby CrockettNZ » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:01 pm

I have offered to give Munter a hand with the round on the anaconda track
I am looking forward to seeing these cars
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:00 pm

McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Yep that would be great Mc.
Even peel and stick printed on white address labels and cut to fit.
Hmmm now thats a thought. What would we need. USA, SA, NZ, AUS, CAN.
5 little peel and stick even on clear labels would work
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby urbanwarrior » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Not to threadjack....but....
I had thought about that and looked around the Internet with no luck. If someone would print those I would be in for a set.
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 pm

I have unpacked the cars, laid them out on a board and looked at them.....that's all.
A small step towards the run.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:45 pm

A little later on I have run each car for a lap. Many had braid alignment issues which I think may have happened as they jiggled across from SA. One car had a popped rear bearing which clicked back in and some other cars body screws were loosened a tad to what I call snug.
They all could do a lap, some easily and a few with a roll over or a deslot on my hair pin curve.

Would I be correct in thinking that there are a mixture of tire types...rubber, urethane, silicone?
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:04 am

Hi John:

There shouldn't be any silicone tires, as this was to be a R/U proxy, and I believe that is what they all had when they were here. Besides, from my experience urethane and silicone don't play well together.

If I had had any idea these cars were going all around the world, I think I might have sent different ones, eh?

Have fun with them,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:59 am

Thanks Keith...I intend to have fun. Thank you to all entrants for entrusting me with your racing hardware.

Now the cars are out on my track I keep looking at them and inspecting them.

I see one that needs a body screw and one that has tires with the red plague...I hope they don't rot off before the end of the series.
I will try to get a picture of this phenomena as I have only seen it once before.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CrockettNZ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:11 am

I would be very keen to check that out when I come around to marshal for this round
I have never seen it before
CrockettNZ
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:25 am

Hi John,

All of the cars should be on rubber or urethane tires; as Keith said. They've all see a lot of laps at this point, so not totally surprising that they may look a little fatigued. The original packing was pretty well insulate against shocking, but that may have changed as the series rolled along.

Good luck and have fun with them on the Anaconda!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Thanks Dave, I am sure it will be a buzz.

Here are a couple of glowing shots of a set of urethanes...can you see the red? I had it happen to a set I used on a proxy car from the 2012 Tasman series. I think they were Paul Gage tires. I wonder how old these tires are? Has anyone had similar experiences with urethanes?
Mine basically rotted and fell apart like a crumbling cheddar.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:08 pm

I remember those tires. I just assumed they were red urethane to begin with and the owner had inked them black with a felt pen. If I am right, the felt pen is just wearing off, and should be fine, just look odd. Car owner chime in, were they red to begin with?

Curious,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to ROAR Proxy