[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The ROAR Down Under

The ROAR Down Under

Re: The ROAR Down Under

Postby Audi1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:34 pm

I think that Keith may be right.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby urbanwarrior » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:45 pm

Well since it says urbanwarrior on the bottom of the car I think that would shed a little light on who the car belongs to....
The tires are red urethane shore 20 tires I make myself. I used a black sharpie to color them. I'm sure by this time it is wearing off.
So there is no disease or fungus or anything like that, they were just my first batch and I made them red.
How are they holding up? If they are falling apart, which is possible since they are a get soft compound, let me know and I can send a new set.
Thanks,
John
urbanwarrior
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Ah, good to hear that, John.

As I said when I saw that red on my tires I was intrigued and watched...they rotted. I know you can dye your tires many colours so thought this was the start of the rot.

Your tires look intact and standing up to the rigours of the proxy.

Race on...
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:39 am

In the 4-5 years we've been running PG's on our 1/25 Jalopies, I've recently seen 2 sets turn red like shown in the pic. And yes, they were crumbly as well.

We wondered if it was a reaction over time to the glue used to hold the tires. I believe we were using IC2000 (rubberized CA glue) back then.
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby munter » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:31 pm

thanks nhdungeonracer....it seems that four to five years might be the lifespan of some tires and glue type could also be a factor but I do not remember what I used back in 2012.

I hope to get some ROAR laps done this weekend.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:53 am

Urbanwarrior - we in SA were also baffled by the red tyres and also came to the conclusion that they were selfmade urethanes. You inspired me and I am in the process of also making our own urethanes. If I am correct the normal colour of the shoreline is whitish and you add colourent to colour your tires the way you want.
Your tires were holding up fantastic in SA. With a good clean before each race they would have good grip.
Next time dont colour them with a pen, rather leave them red.... Hie hie they look great.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:11 am

Saturday 19th, munter and Crocket NZ put the cars through their paces on the Anaconda. Traction was plentiful except for one Chaparral. All cars ran well with some suffering offs due to the nature of the car and track.
We enjoyed the enduro experience with each car getting their six minutes of glory.

Some pictures and the results below.

The podium
The top ten (plus a couple) line up
Parc Ferme

Place, # and car.....Best time...laps covered....offs
1st #27... Ferrari 166, 6.164,...... 55.1,.......... 0
2nd #89 Chaparral2,.. 6.241,....... 54.2,........ 4
3rd #3.... DType Jag,.. 6.510,...... 53.3,.........0
4th #63... XK 120 Jag,.. 6.691,...... 53.1,........ 2
5th #4.....Chaparral2,... 6.410,..... 51.6,........ 4
6th #44.... Porche 356,.. 6.762,..... 51.1,........ 2
7th #5 ......ferrari 166,.. 6.786,...... 50.3,....... 3
8th #45... Jag XK120,..... 6.949,...... 50.1,...... 0
9th #67 ...Chaparral1,.... 6.422,...... 49.9,...... 4
10th # 23, Jag XK120,..... 6.691,...... 49.7,...... 5
11th #22 ..Ferrari 275,.... 6.908,...... 48.9,...... 5
12th #11 Ferrari Testarossa, 6.979,.... 48.6,...... 1
13th #23c, Corvette,...... 6.726,..... 48.1,...... 4
14th #4t... Lister Jag,...... 7.353,.... 47.7,...... 2
15th #8,... Porche 550,..... 7.230,.... 47.6,.......3
16th #71.. Chaparral2,..... 6.603,..... 46.8,.......17
17th #20.... Merc 300,...... 7.137,.... 45.5,....... 4
18th #51... Aston DBR1,.... 7.535,......44.3,...... 4
19th #30.... MGA,........... 7.465,..... 43.8,...... 6
20th #1... Lister Jag,....... 7.623,..... 43.2,...... 5
21st #64.. Etype Jag,....... 8.491,......40.1,...... 3
22nd #16,, Dtype Jag,...... 7.582,..... 39.6,..... 23

A final thank you to all competitors for the privilege of driving your machinery.
Regards
John
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sadco racing » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:37 am

Awesome, thanks for hosting and thanks to the drivers way over, or across, or down there. Way cool!

Steve
sadco racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:45 am

Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:55 am

Thank you for hosting, and to all those involved.

Congratulations to the step-standers.

Mc (#20)
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:47 am

Thanks for running the race and posting the results, John and CrocketNZ! Always a fun run on the serpentine Anaconda track!

Great pics of the cars on the track!

Glad that one of your resin bodied 166s kept up with the front end of the pack, not so lucky for the other one; the Chaparral Mk1, but it's a tall-geared IL and likes the fast sweepers much better than the tight twisties, where it spends a lot of its time with its tail hanging out.................

Off to Dave West next, I think. I'll PM Dave to be sure that he's ready for them.

Thanks again for a great run, as always!! :text-bravo:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks John and Crockett for another round well done and in the books.
Appreciate your work and posts.
Thank You NZ.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby munter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:59 pm

No problems Allan....if you could let me know what Dave W says I would be grateful.
Regards
John
ps traction was the issue for the Chap1, if it had hooked up it would have been on the podium but I felt like I was in the Rally of Finland at times.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby DRW21 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi Guys, looking forward to see this great bunch of cars.
Thank You Munter for the cool pix, always great to see the cars and how they perform doing 'the snake run'
Send them my way and we'll get it done asap.
Allan, I'll pm you.
Cheers Guys - Dave
DRW21
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks for hosting the cars guys!

I have updated the series totals here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Now if I could just find a way to make my #71 Chaparral like corners...
(17 offs - sounds like she was a bit of a handful!) :oops:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy