ROAR SOUTH AFRICA

Re: ROAR SOUTH AFRICA

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:55 am

Gavin, thanks for the results and pics. Next up is the Marlboro Mile which takes place on Thursday,then off to the Rhino and Glenn Special !!!!!!
The Bishops Glenn Special is a race I want to add to the SA ROAR series.
Bishops Glenn is the neighbouring farm to the home of The Rhino. The farm had a Royal visit in 1947 by the now Queen and her Father. Entertainment for the day was tea drinking and croquette.
The stage specs
8x4 foot print,single lane rally track braided +- 34 ft
12.5 volts battery,25 ohm Parma
The race format
5 laps ,best average wins.
Pics to follow
Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:57 am

That finish shot is pretty cool! Italian, American and British cars; all up there at the pointy end of the field.

Thanks to the race organizers, the racers, marshals and everyone involved! Pics are great; thanks!

As far as the Bishops Glenn Special, well............if it's good enough for the Queen, then it's certainly good enough for the #27 and #67!

The Marlboro Mile is a new one for me. So, all totaled up, we'll have 4 races in SA - right? That's pretty cool! :text-bravo: Looks like you guys are having a good time with the ROAR cars!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:22 am

Allan I recall that some of the #27and#67 team members were using alcohol at a tea party earlier in the event!
We raced the PanAm cars on the Mile oval and thought it fit to put the ROAR cars to the test.

Richard
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Not a surprise.............I ran out of money right after the builds were completed and had to get my drivers at "Kelly's Bar and Grill".

On to the Mile!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:39 am

Gavin -
Thank you for the details and pics - while managing to wring out a second place finish with my Chaparral! :D
:banana-dance:

I have updated the spreadsheet with all of the latest info and as has been the case throughout this series, there has been some shuffling in the positions!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Audi1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:28 pm

It's a little bit close for 3rd place right now.................................! :banana-dance: :flags-waveusa: :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:53 pm

Its a pleasure TuscoTodd.

Alan, that third place was under investigation for quite some time. That the reason for posting the results so late. After heavy scrutineering our race director finally gave nr63 the all clear.
Hie hie hie we had some good fun pulling Richard's leg.

Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:31 pm

I just had a look at the pics you guys posted and noticed that the number roundel on my Porsche 356 #44 is pealing away. Since all that wind resistance has got to be slowing it down, :lol: :lol: :lol: could someone put a wee drop of rubber cement, Goop, Shoe Goo or similar product on it and stick it back down.

This old warrior was one of my first serious proxy cars, and it has been all around North America with the Last Open Road Proxy and now half way around the world with this one. It is getting a bit tattered, but will deserve a full reno when it gets home.

Thanks,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Dont worry Kieth, we will have a look at it and fix her up nicely before we take on the Mile.

Just wondering.... If one should add up the distance she has raced multiply it by 32, wether her racing distance would be as much as the traveling distance? Hie hie just wondering. She sure is a beauty.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:00 am

The Marlboro mile has been run. We applied the same theme with "A Minute to Win It". We did not have any qualifying. We entered all racers in one timed round robin race. The Race Coordinator race system managed the 22 heats.

All details are available in the link below:
http://1drv.ms/1RhewPP

The paparazzi was not present so we did not take any photos of the race. We did have the top 3 pose for some shots on Bishops Glen.

Just as a reminder here are pics of the Marlboro Oval:

Here are a summary of the results:

Well done to all entrants.

There will also be some mockups' for what is expected at Bishops Glen.

More pics in the link above.

Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:43 am

Thanks for posting the results from the Marlbobo Mile, Gavin. Nice looking oval track there!

Congrats to Bob (rleog) on the win! :text-bravo:

Looks like lane #1 was the decider for most of the cars; is that the inner or outer lane? Glad to see the #67 car climbing it's way back up again after two big botches on the hillclimbs...............

Looking forward to the next round!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 am

Ahhh I forgot to mention that part. Thank you Allan.
Only 2 lanes were used to race on. Lane 1 is the inner lane and Lane 2 was the 3rd lane from the inside. Jip Lane 1 is always the quickest.
I am not the fastest driver in our group, I drove nr 67 on lane 2 only and must say, she was loads of fun.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:58 am

Thanks Gavin great job as per usual!
As you say Lane 1 is always the quickest !!! Except when you drive the # 63 car in that lane !! LOL
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby gsmea » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

Richard you know me Im Captain Slow.... Except iv I drive Allan's cars. They are so good they drive them selves, more than what I can say about #63. Hie hie hie.
Gavin
gsmea
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:20 am

Gavin -
Thank you for the pictures and reporting! Looking at the alternate tabs (great info!) it looks like my #71 struggled with a number of offs on lane 2, but was quick when it was in the slot! :lol:
Thanks for sharing!

I updated the info on the series spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Lots of good battles for position both in the individual and team rankings!

Looking forward to seeing how things go at the next venue. :)
Speaking of which, could you point me to a picture that shows the entire Bishops Glen track to include in the spreadsheet?
Thanks - I appreciate it!
:D
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy