[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR in Canada

ROAR in Canada

Re: ROAR in Canada

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:05 am

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:30 am

McLiams:

Your #20 was nicely planted on the run on the Grind. It was fast, but also gave me the confidence to push it faster. Many of the cars were as fast, but were twitchy and I was afraid if I pushed them as fast as they could go, I would deslot way up at the top of the hill. When we race this in club, we do five runs, delete the worst one and total the others. My record is 86 sec total, done with an NSR Porsche 917. A few guys are down nearer 70.

I ran each car 3 runs, and only counted the best one. If a car came out, I ran that one again. It was a lot of fun, and I came third on the hill last night. I guess practice helps, eh?

Deep guides work well if they are not bearing the weight of the front end, and have a slight ramp carved at the front corner to ride up over anything that might be in the bottom of the slot. D3D guides need to be tuned to work well, as they are deeper than Slot.it guides and also a bit thicker. A small amount of trimming and sanding makes them work well. The cars that had guide issues tended to have deep guides, ones with a sharp point at the bottom front corner, or thick blades.

Friday should be fun with the cars on the Targa.

Cheers,

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:31 am

Keith,

Thank you for the information, and for the run. The video showed what you describe and watching it kept me on tenterhooks, expecting the back end to sweep wide and then take the car off. That none of that happened was amazing.

You did a great job, as did the videographer.

Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:27 am

We Have Results From Luf's Targa

So for those of you who don't know, this is Thanksgiving Long Weekend in Canada. (That's what happens when winter comes a month early and so does your harvest, eh?) Anyway, I was worried that we might have to postpone this if we couldn't get enough help, but we got it done. With myself, Luf (oldslotracer) and Don (TF1250) handling the driving, and Mike and Alwyn (Superslab) sharing the marshalling, we managed to race each car for 3 minutes on each of three lanes.

Several of the cars were severely traction challenged, especially on the steeper climbs, but still got times and put in their laps. While qualifying times were a general indication of final standing, there were some definite changes in the finishing order.

We had a spinning pinion on Sarge's #16 D Type Jag, but a new pinion tightly pressed on did the trick, and the car was better for it.

Luf put his camera on a tripod and filmed every third heat to let you see your cars running. He will edit his work and post it in a couple of days.

I took podium shots and will post the best one later or tomorrow.

I know, shut up and post the results! But I know you already scrolled down to read them and are just now getting back to this.

# Owner Laps
3 Rleog 57.25
89 TuscoTodd 56.7
63 Slotting since 1963 56.0
44 Retro Racer 44 55.4
71 TuscoTodd 54.5
23c Chappy 54.35
20 McLiams 54.25
27 Audi1 53.95
45 Retro Racer 44 52.35
67 Audi1 52.3
4 Sadco Racing 51.95
16 Tsgret 50.1
11 Nor Cal Mike 47.05
51 urbanwarrior 47.0
22 HRW 46.75
4T Btaylor 46.45
1 Btaylor 46.2
5 urbanwarrior 45.4
8 chappyman66 45.35
23 Chappy 44.7
64 Shotgun Dave 44.35
30 chappyman66 40.6

Congratulations to Rob, Todd and Richard for their podium finishes, and to all who gave us great cars to play with. We had a lot of fun!

Where to next?

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:46 am

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Rleog » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks to Keith, Luf, Don, Mike and Alwyn for taking the time to run the Targa. It's especially gratifying to see the D Jaguar get its first win on Luf's incredible Targa course. After nine minutes of racing, the results appear very close. I'm lovin' that victory lap with TuscoTodd and Slotting Since 1963. My driver swears that the brunette in the blue dress winked at him!

Again, thanks all, and have a fine holiday weekend.

Bob G.
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:45 am

Great run and reporting, Keith. Looking forward to the pics and videos.

Congrats to Bob, Todd and Richard on their podium finishes. Way to go, Bob!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:46 am

Thanks for the "emergency pit stop repair" on my car, guys! :clap: :text-thankyouyellow: Also thanks for the great coverage and all the hard work you put in (yes, I know it was fun, too; we'll keep that a secret :D ).
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:26 am

Thanks for all the work you put in boys. :text-thankyouyellow:

I know theres no fun in it for you. :laughing-rolling:
Great Stuff
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Changing-Gearz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:37 am

Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:39 am

Keith - Thank you for putting the field through it's paces up there! Looks like there was some good close racing based on the lap totals!
:banana-dance:

Congrats Bob on taking the top step on the podium and Richard for sharing the lower steps with my entry (thank you for the great runs with both my cars Keith and for the sweet parade shot!) :D

I went through and added the points to the series spreadsheet below and not only did individual positions change - but a number of the team positions shuffled as well!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Keith - unless something has changed, I believe the next stop for the series is with Nor Cal Mike for a run on the Lost Coast Speedway (please check with Audi1 to confirm)

Thanks again guys - great stuff!
:text-bravo:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:58 am

Changing-Gearz

I wondered where Bob had acquired that chassis. It really did the trick on the Targa. The #3 car did not have the fastest single lane score, that honour was Todd's at 19.7, but it was more consistent across the three lanes, 18.85, 18.95, and 19.45.

A great car and chassis!

Keith
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:37 pm

We won't be using Mike's track for this proxy, he's having some problems with it right now, so we'll need to move to the next track on the schedule. I'll check that and come back to you in an edit to this post.

Keith, I just checked the track schedule and the next stop is P&P Speedway. PM Steve (Sadco Racing) for mailing address and any instructions.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Video is in!

Here is the video that Luf took from the tripod. He tried to get enough heats so that every car was on the vid somewhere. Contrary to what it may seem, the races were more than 2 laps long. For some reason, the computer program says it is "Half way through the race" after the first lap. The video gives a good idea what it is like to race on the Targa.

Thanks to Luf for doing this.

Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldslotracer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:50 pm

Shotgun Dave...the timing program was written for us by Dan at TrackMate. The sensor at the bottom starts and stops the timer, there's a sensor half way up the hill so that we get 4 sector times and the sensor at the top also reverses the polarity. The sensors are in the slot and are triggered by the guideflag.
oldslotracer

PreviousNext

Return to ROAR Proxy