[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - ROAR race results lane 1

ROAR race results lane 1

ROAR race results lane 1

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Ran the ROAR Cars in lane one tonight. 12 volts , prof. Motor Adjustable controllers set for each car. VERY tight group on this track!
I did not run them in any order other than how they were un packed. Tomorrow I will run lane two, and Friday night is the Hill climb! These cars are great, I was very surprised at how smooth most of them are. my track has a shallow groove,so the deep guide cars have a little trouble, but nothing that kept them from running good. and i used the track call button on de slots to stop the clock Anyway, here is the first run results.

CAR / LAPS / BEST
22 / 14 / 12.490
89 / 13 / 13.535
20 / 13 / 13.314
64 / 14 / 13.040
16 / 15 / 12.515
71 / 14 / 13.665
30 / 13 / 12.197
23 / 14 / 12.409
3 / 15 / 11.654
5 / 15 / 12.200
51 / 13 / 13.054
67 / 16 / 11.075
11 / 16 / 11.253
23 / 15 / 11.075
4 / 14 / 11.485
8 / 15 / 11.026
27 / 16 / 10.629
1 / 12 / 12.937
63 / 14 / 11.901
45 / 13 / 12.391
44 / 15 / 11.273
4T / 14 / 12.252
Last edited by btaylor on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Re: ROAR race results lane 1

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Wow. Interesting results.....I suspect the difference between a large open track vs the smaller tighter home track. I have a hard time with the Porsche being second fastest......that's gotta be a typo. It's actually got a slower motor in it........although that does make it pretty smooth and predictable on a small track.
Thanks for the post.........looking forward to more results!
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:10 pm

There were a lot of surprises to me. Some of the cars seemed as if they were built for my track, while others struggled in the twisty's. The long tail cars did way better than I expected, and the slower cars held a good line and made laps.
Go figure? thats racin....

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby chappyman66 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Yup........fastest car doesn't always win. On our club track, you need speed and handling because it's got long straights and quite a bit of twisty driving sections too. Will be interesting to see if there was a fluke in the first runs, or if that performance will hold up.
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:20 pm

Historically, My lanes run almost dead even. I have a cobra that can cut identical times in either lane.
There are a couple of tighter corners in the other lane, but better set up for the straights, so I want to see myself!

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:25 pm

I'm kinda surprised that my #11 TR250 is running 3rd if I am reading the results correctly. It had only been running mid pack before. She was tighter than i like when I put her together and sent her in. The motor was new and not broken in. Maybe she is loosening up a little.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:31 pm

Mike, Your car might as well have been built on my bench! It handled like a dream, and would not de slot. Maybe its my comfort zone with your body chassis combo? I don't know, but it was one of the smoothest most predictable cars in the lot. and there are some heavy hitters in this wolf pack for sure!, Sarge's D-Jag is another wonder to drive, its glued to the rails, and the power band is just right for my track.

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:25 pm

I reckon all of that brass JBwelded into the floor of the chassis paid off in this case.
Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:43 pm

Agree , my cars are right where I expected, At Bobs House. :laughing-rolling:

It must be the heat getting to me...
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby TsgtRet » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:44 pm

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:07 am

Last edited by Audi1 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:17 am

Wow Bob! You aren't wasting any time in starting to turn laps with those bad boys!
:D
Thanks for sharing the lane 1 results!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby btaylor » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:44 am

Allan, Since I don't have my track segmented, I used the best lap to determine position. There were a lot of cars that had the power shut down just inches or a few feet from making another lap. None of them were far off, or just making that last lap. The lap count should be very, very close on lane two, so I suspect I will have to average to get good results.
Todd, I want to keep on schedule for the west coast guy's that have a timeline. Since I am running the hill climb too, I thought it best to get going!
If time permits, I will repair the Jag, but it wont hold up the race if I need to ship out.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby Nor Cal Mike » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:32 am

Nor Cal Mike
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:36 am

This is running smoothly Bob.
I'm enjoying the road courses, but looking forward to the hill climb.
The best part of this whole thing is the fun and laughs that brings us all a little closer.
Well done Mr T
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Next

Return to ROAR Proxy