[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - The ROAR - Something new

The ROAR - Something new

The ROAR - Something new

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:03 am

It occurred to me that, back in the day......., the racing was as important to the teams as it was to the individual cars and drivers.

So...........I thought that as an extra in this year's ROAR, we'd plan to keep track of the results, as this fun run proxy gets going, in terms of not only the individual cars, but also in terms of the teams.

Although the teams have not officially been introduced to each other, I thought we'd try it based on the marque of the car that you enter into the races; sort of a driver's championship / manufacturer's championship, like they still do in F1.

Based on that, here are the teams for the first inaugrial ROAR fun run:

Team Jaguar

btaylor - Lister Jag team
chappy - XK 140
shotgundave - XKE
retroracer44 - XK 140
tsgtret - D-type
rleog - D-type

Team Porsche

Bookie - RS61
HRWJim - RS61
retroracer44 - 356A
chappyman66 - 550

Team Ferrari

nor cal mike - TR250
HRW - 275P
urbanwarrior - 166M
audi1 - 166M

Team Chaparral

sadco racing - 2A
tusco todd - 2A team
audi1 - Mk 1

Team Mercedes-Benz

mcliams - 300 SLR

Team Corvette

chappy - '56

Team MG

chappyman66 - MGA

Team Aston Martin

urbanwarrior - DBR1/300

I've left out a couple of the entrants because I can't find the cars that they plan to enter listed. So, please feel free to add your car into this thread and don't forget to pick up your free team jersey at the concession area just before the start of the first race....................... :liar:

The big teams; Jaguar, Porsche and Ferrari, have obviously already put a lot of time and effort into their cars, as expected from the "deep pockets" guys.......... The smaller teams are looking good, though...........

I thought we'd look at this manufacturer's race, from the standpoint of the top two cars in each of the larger teams and from the standpoint of a single car in the smaller teams (I'll figure out how to do this by the time the fun run is over..........trust me).

So, for those of your who are going to buy into this, better get with your team mates, or with yourselves in the case of some of the smaller teams..., and figure out your race strategies.......

Good luck to all the Teams!!

Allan
Last edited by Audi1 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: The ROAR - Something new

Postby btaylor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:14 am

Great Idea Allan! although the Roar of those big cats will be heard across the country, the other teams could still place I guess?
Team Jag is ready.

and the bragging begins..........

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby bookie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:58 am

I'm glad this announcement was made after I sent my car to a team Jag track for a final shakedown, not that anything is needed to slow my Porsche, I can do that all by myself
bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 am

Oh we fixed you up real good Rick! nothing to worry about.........or is there? :whistle:
Ignore that little noise you hear coming out of the motor, it was just an extra wrench we couldn't find after your car left the shop. :lol:

Bob
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:09 am

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:30 am

I must apologize to Team Ferrari ahead of time for my entry :)

We might have a chance though, the rest of these guys can build!
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Retro Racer 44 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:55 am

What's this? The "Bluesome Twosome" are going to be split up? Curses!
Oh well, I guess they can win twice instead of once, eh?
Retro Racer 44
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby btaylor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:09 am

The message is clear.
btaylor
Uncle Bob

Postby TuscoTodd » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:26 am

This is a SLICK idea - I like it!
:D

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Rleog » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:17 pm

Jolly good. A simply smashing idea, Sir Allan. :dance:

(team Jaguar)
Rleog
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby SLOTTING SINCE 1963 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:00 pm

I'll go along wif me mates and begin the jag team!
SLOTTING SINCE 1963
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bookie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:03 pm

bookie
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:10 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby chappyman66 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:21 pm

OK, I will bite

Mighta planned differently if I had known teams.......got the Chapparal I that could have been prepared.........
chappyman66
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:22 pm

...............there's still time, chappyman66..............................................! :banana-dance: :banana-dance:

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to ROAR Proxy