ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

Re: ROAR fun run - the tracks and race schedule

Postby Audi1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:29 am

We're adding another Hillclimb! This one Bob's Tail of the Dragon. See updated first post.

Bob, send me pic of the Dragon and I'll post it in the first post on this thread. Thanks.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:39 am

Well, I had to dredge this thread up from the depths of the Proxy Forum, but here it is, and the reason that I'm bringing it back to life is to let you know that we are adding a few rounds in Australia after the New Zealand rounds finish up.

Ross Edwards (Rossko; aka GAS4IT), has offered to run a couple of rounds for us. More details on this as he provides them to me. It's a short hop from New Zealand to Australia, so it makes sense to get these new rounds in before shipping the cars back to Canada for the next to final round (last round in New Hampshire at Bob Bianchi's track).

Thanks Rossko!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:30 am

Wow , this is all really cool. I can't get over how far these cars have travelled and been hosted by relly good folk.
Although a long proxy, it is fun in keeping up with them.
I suppose a book could be written on The Travels of the Toy Cars or Around The World in A Slot
There must be many stories at each track an by each host.
My sincere thanks for everyone who has made this an ejoyable series.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Audi1 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:30 am

In addition to the South African track; all 4 of them, we've also had two rounds in New Zealand and two in Australia. So, that's 8 rounds added into the original mix.

The cars are now head back to North America for the final two rounds; one in Ontario and one in New Hampshire.

We should be all finished up by July 4th..............

So, start thinking about the 2016 ROAR proxy....................should be a lot of fun............again..............

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby McLiams » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Love the original title; but someone (apologies for not recalling exactly whom) coined RAWR...Roadsters Around the World Race (IIRC). IF the next one has a schedule like this one, then consider giving the name an update.

My $0.02.

P.S. Finally looked closely enough at the pictures to pick up on the New Zealand stickers/decals added to the liveries. PRICELESS!

Thanks,
Mc
McLiams
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to ROAR Proxy